• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't unlabel

Advocate ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a real hard to getting labels off images in folder. The sadistic software strikes again? Any ideas? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

First, choose View > Refresh. If that doesn't solve the problem, consider resetting Bridge Preferences, this way:

1. Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears.
  2. Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.
  3. Restart Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select Label->No Label, what happens? What about changing to a different label color?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes nothing works. just spins it's wheels and nothing unlables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, choose View > Refresh. If that doesn't solve the problem, consider resetting Bridge Preferences, this way:

1. Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears.
  2. Select all three options--Reset Preferences, Reset Standard Workspaces, and Purge Entire Thumbnail Cache--and then click OK.
  3. Restart Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Norm, did full reset, it worked. The red labels went to white, then got rid of them ok. Pity though they go to white. Why can't Bridge remember they were red?

Also: workspaces in upper right bar, some are mine, some are Bridge's, How does one get Bridges ones out of there, and my others that I want there there up there? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you click on the down arrow in that section of the upper right bar and choose Delete Workspace... you will see that only the Numbered workspaces and Vertical are available for deletion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks,   interestingly, now only my numbered one now show in the bar, which is nice. How did I do that? Can one control order there?

Did you know why label went white?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beats me. Perhaps someone else on the Forum has answers to those questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge stores a number of settings in its preferences files, including label assignments.

If a preference becomes corrupted, that could explain problems with changing labels. Resetting preferences wipes out those corrupted settings so unfortunately that means labels revert to the Bridge defaults.

You can set them up again in Bridge preferences. Assign the same names to each label color and it should restore the lebels you had before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge remembers the labels not by color but by name.

If the previous name does not match the current name they are set to white.

This happens a lot to me because I regularly receive files from my friends and because I changed the names of my labels they do not match. As a result Bridge does not know what color the labels were set and thus shows them as white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having similar issues, from time to time labels simply cannot be removed with no error message. It almost seems random, sometimes a week later I'll be able to, but no amount of resetting preferences / purging cache will do it, I cannot find any logic. These are not renamed labels, just the default Bridge labels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only work around so far has been to unlabel in camera raw, though very inconvenient for non-raw files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind, other metadata still refuses to write to the same files that cannot be unlabelled in bridge, only in photoshop can I change the metadata without error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2024 Mar 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click the image with the label you wish to remove.  Select no label from the drop down menue.  Should work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No chips sherlock, that's the part that's not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines