• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Batch rename folders

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to get some old folders organized so i thought i would try to use the batch rename tool. i showed all the subfolders as my intent what to use the parent folder name in the batch rename, but i could not use the tool. is bridge not able to batch rename folders?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Batch Rename tool is for files, not folders.

What platform and OS version are you on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it is pretty unusable for what i want to do. I have 10 tb of video rushes in raw dng. I would like to name all folders with the parent folder name. It is sylly that this function does not exist ! i have tryied with a sofware on internet but it does not keep metadata... I have just paied for creative cloud just for that ! so desapointed... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what i wanted to do as well. The function exists for files, i do not see why it shouldnt for folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pc windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what is the parent folder name and what are the names of the child folders? How should the child folders be named?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example:

20-01-19-Photos

Finals

What i want is to change Finals to 20-01-19-Photos-Finals

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, this is quite possible via scripting, but not with the standard tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hmmm how difficult would that be? i have a little coding experience but never anything with catologues 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Bridge does not batch rename folders, you could use a Microsoft power toy to do so: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-batch-rename-files-in-windows-10-with-the-powertoys-powe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok thanks. is there the function like in bridge to choose the parent folder name then add other options to it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that a custom Bridge script would be required for full automation, or if you are happy to manually copy the parent folder name first, then an existing find/replace script could be used to prefix the parent folder name from the clipboard to the selected sub-folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines