Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot open Bridge 2022 anymore

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

since my yesterday's update to MAC Monterey 12.4 , i cannot open Bridge 2022 anymore. Despite an update of Bridge to the latest version, de-and reinstallation of Bridge 2022, i am still unable to open it. It crashes immediately. Bridge 2021 still works fine. Has anyone a clue how to fix the problem? Thks. Ralph

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Have you deleted the preferences? Uninstall/reinstall on the Mac is generally a waste of time- that's a Windows troubleshooting step.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Quit Bridge (if running). Just before clicking on Bridge in the Dock or double-clicking the application, for the Mac, press Command-Option-Shift. For PCs, press Control-Alt -Shift. Then open Bridge BUT KEEP your fingers on those keys until you see a window pop up. From the window, choose “Reset Preferences," "Entire Thumbnail Cache”, and/or "Reset Standard Workspaces.” In your case, choose "Reset Preferences."

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Still wasn't working - however, I found the solution on another thread - Sophos Anti Virus is blocking it from launching.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you deleted the preferences? Uninstall/reinstall on the Mac is generally a waste of time- that's a Windows troubleshooting step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lumigraphics, i am not sure what you mean. Where shoud I delete the preferences as i am unable to open Bridge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quit Bridge (if running). Just before clicking on Bridge in the Dock or double-clicking the application, for the Mac, press Command-Option-Shift. For PCs, press Control-Alt -Shift. Then open Bridge BUT KEEP your fingers on those keys until you see a window pop up. From the window, choose “Reset Preferences," "Entire Thumbnail Cache”, and/or "Reset Standard Workspaces.” In your case, choose "Reset Preferences."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Gary and Lumigraphics. You made my day!! Bridge works fine again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This isn't working for me, even when pressing Cmd+Opt+Shift I can't open Bridge, I just get the same "Quit unexpectantly" message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that you keep on holding CMD-OPT-SHIFT until the window pops up. By the way, on european Macs you will have to press CMD-ALT-SHIFT as there is no OPT key. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still wasn't working - however, I found the solution on another thread - Sophos Anti Virus is blocking it from launching.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much! Easy fix. Some disapointments because I had to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines