• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot place image files in InDesign from Bridge

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having this issue? I have just had the latest InDesign 2020 and the latest Bridge 2020 installed at work. I run Windows 10. I could previously use Bridge to place images into my InDesign docs using the right-click context menu but now this feature does not work. Nothing happens. Drag and drop does work but this is not ideal. I have reset my File Type Associations in Bridge but this doesn't seem to help. Bridge places files into Illustrator or Photoshop ok, but not InDesign. Any ideas? Thanks.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Go to your start up startup scripts in Bridge under preferences.

If there is no ID script, reinstall Indesign

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue - did you figure out a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. I'm still having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I can't help you. My idea was a stab in the dark. There are numerous PC folks who enhabit these halls so hopefully one of them will be able to help you.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your start up startup scripts in Bridge under preferences.

If there is no ID script, reinstall Indesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my gosh. Thank you! I checked this setting in Bridge and discovered that I actually had 2 ID scripts - one for an older version. I disabled that one and restarted. Now I can place images as before!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, but my InDesign script is present, and the checkbox is checked. There is only one script for InDesign. I tried turning it off and restarting Bridge, then turning it back on and restarting Bridge. Didn't work. This was working fine for months until a few hours ago. Now I only have options to place in Media Encoder, Premiere Pro, InCopy, and Animate. I don't have Animate installed. Both Bridge and InDesign are up to date.

This worked fine and all of a sudden stopped working. Anyone have any idea why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same issue, tried disabling all then re-enabling and all apps are good except InDesign is greyed out, very annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the same versions of Bridge and Indesign installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. All up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes all CC apps and Mac OS up to date, it hasn't worked for a while, I though 2021 update may fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Derek,

I know this is not what your asking for but I'be been using InDesign and Bridge as a combination sice, well, seems like forever. I never did like the workflow of "Placing" into ID from Bridge, it has always seems awkward to me. Rather, while in ID, I'll press Command/Control-d and which opens up my Finder/Explorer window, I select the file that I want and this puts the image into a cursor "shotgun" where I can both place and set the size of the image at the same time. 

I will agree with you that things that aught to be working should be working, but in the interum, so that you can get your work done, there's another approach. But you probably know that already.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a shame you can't make selection in Bridge then switch to ID and place into a grid that way, its so useful for making contact sheets which can then be editable rather than straight to PDF from Bridge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For about three years, every time I go to PLACE an image from Bridge to InDesign, it tells me to install latest versionof InDesign to continue - despite many calls to Adobe help, no success. The Indesign people shuffle me to the Photoshop People then to the Bridge people - NO ONE has been a help. Now to place a file, I have to maneuver the screen - etc. whereas I did not have to. Very annoying to be paying for something and not getting use of it or any help from Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I used that feature Place To for years and suddenly it stopped working today on one of my computers. I already reinstalled Bridge and InDesign, checked script – nothing is working. Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines