• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot use Bridge for downloading photo's from card.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the last update  (I use adobe CC) I cannot download photo's from card to my desktop computer (Windows) using Bridge. When I put the card in the reader it says: G:\ Toepassing niet gevonden (application not found). When I try to download photo's using Bridge (get photo's from camera) it says there are no devices found. 

The card works, the photo's are on it, because when I try to acces the card I can see all the photo's. I would like to download photo's using Bridge again. Can anyone help me?

I tried re-installing bridge, that doesn't work...

Please help!  Thanks!!

Carla

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting the issue. 

We are able to reproduce this on Bridge 2023 (auto-play feature only) and the team is investigating the same.

You can still use Adobe Photo Downloader from Bridge

1. Launch Bridge

2. Either click on the icon highlighted in Red in the following screenshot or from Files menu Files-> Get Photos From Camera...

rahuls19449165_0-1667295829361.png

Thanks,

Bridge Team  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently using bridge 13.0.1 on MBP on Monterey. I have upgraded to a mirrorless camera using CF express. Photodownloader will not recognize the card like there is nothing there. PDL has been stupid slow and glitchy lately, thinkining of abandoning all together. Is there a fix in the near future? Have had always pretty good luck with it, but it's been too much of headache for the past 2 years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting the issue.

We are able to reproduce this on Bridge 2023 (auto-play feature only) and the team is investigating the same.

You can still use Adobe Photo Downloader from Bridge

1. Launch Bridge

2. Either click on the icon highlighted in Red in the following screenshot or from Files menu Files-> Get Photos From Camera...

rahuls19449165_0-1667295890989.png

Thanks,

Bridge Team  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately -as I mention in my message - the main problem is not that it doesn't start automatically. I am also not able to use the photodownloader from Bridge (get photo's from camera). I'll attach a screenshot. Hope you are able to solve this problem for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please provide the following information for further investigating this issue?

1. What is the version of Bridge you are using? Is it Bridge 2023?
  2. Was it working fine on Bridge 2022?
  3. Is auto-play setting enabled for Bridge 2023? Please check at
    • Control Panel->Hardware and Sound-> AutoPlay for removable drive and Memory Card
    • Windows->Search->AutoPlaySettings. 
    • Please share screenshots of both a and b
  4. From the screenshot it seems
    • you have Photo Downloader already opened and then you inserted a removable drive in the system and then you are getting the error message
    • A removable drive is already inserted and then you are opening Bridge -> Launch Adobe Photo downloader and you are getting the error message
    • Please confirm a or b
  5. What happens when you click OK in the error message and then Refresh the list again in Photo Downloader  To refresh the list, select <Refresh List>  from the drop-down in Photo Downloader.
  6. What device are you using (card/card reader model) and OS version?

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response! The problem is not only that
photodownloader doesn't start automatically. The main problem is that
Bridge doesn't recognize any of my cards.

My answers are the following:
1) I use Bridge CC, so it is the latest version of Bridge (2023)
2) Yes it was working fine until the new version was installed
3) Yes (see screenshot)
4) B, I get the message [application not found] the moment I insert the
memorycard. When I open Bridge and want to get photo's from camera, it says
the list is empty... no devices found.
5) Nothing happens, see screenshot
6) I use Scan Disk extreme Pro CF Express 64 GB
Apparaatnaam DESKTOP-0PB82EJ
Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11700 @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
Geïnstalleerd RAM-geheugen 32,0 GB (31,8 GB beschikbaar)
Apparaat-id D5B3F6C9-D66D-465E-9310-A7516FC52A09
Product-id 00326-00876-86780-AAOEM
Type systeem 64-bits besturingssysteem, x64-processor
Pen en aanraken Ondersteuning voor peninvoer

hope you can help me, because this is really annoying. Many thanks in
advance!
Carla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rahul, where is 'control panel' hiding in Bridge 2023 please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same with me.... its says "no valid file found" when it used work perfectly before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meantime, I'll move this to the Bridge forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

* The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs, installation issues, or account issues such as subscription questions or billing problems, or generalized questions about Creative Cloud services.
* Questions about business plans should be posted in Enterprise and Teams 
* Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.
* Installation questions should be posted in the Download & Install community.
* Account issues, including subscription questions or billing problems, should be posted in the Account, Payment, & Plan community.
* Questions about the Creative Cloud desktop app or general questions about apps in the Creative Cloud should be posted to the Creative Cloud Services community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had the same problem and it worked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't download images using Adobe Bridge 2023. It errors everytime. I downloaded Adobe Bridge 2022 and it works fine. I have both versions on my PC. So until Adobe Bridge 2023 is fixed I'll use Adobe Bridge 2022 to download images on my SD cards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The auto-play issue is fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the patch and tried downloading my photos from SD card to PC with Bridge 2023 again. Seems to be working ok now. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I actually get the patch please Rahul?  Your link just gives a lot of information about the apparently improved changes.  Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @AussieChic 

Happy New Year!

You can get the latest patch version 13.0.1.583 from Creative Cloud Desktop app. We have also released a Beta version 13.0.2.630 after this patch with some additional fixes.

Please refer to the following link for the list of fixed issues and steps to download the latest beta build (Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.2.630)). 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available/td-p/13439655

To download patch version
Bridge can be downloaded through the Creative Cloud desktop app. As long as you’re signed in to the Creative Cloud desktop app you can download Adobe Bridge from the All Apps section:

RahulSaraogi_0-1673241474466.png

Click on the three dots to select other versions -> then appropriate version

Regarding your other comment "Rahul, where is 'control panel' hiding in Bridge 2023 please?" - There is a preference dialog in Bridge (choose Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Adobe Bridge > Preferences (Mac OS)) and no control panel. If you are referring to my earlier comment, then it was Windows control panel to control the Auto Play feature which was mentioned in the comment.

Please let me know if the shared information has resolved your issue.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good moring.  I am preparing for my busy photography season.  November 2022, Bridge 2023 would not detect my Sandisk Extreme Pro CF cards in my ProGrade card reader.  I assumed this issue would be resolved by now, but it is not.  I am using Bridge 13.02.636, Ventura 13.2.1 on both my Macbook Pro M1 and my IMac.  Previous versions of Bridge has no problems detecting my CF cards with the card reader.   Bridge automatically begins when I plug the cardreader into a USB C port, but then will not detect the CF card regardless of how many times I refresh. I do not have time to download and cull in Lightroom.  I use LR and PS for final edits only.   How can I reinstall Bridge 2022 so that I can work? Please help with this Bridge issue.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. (on a Mac)

File - Import from Device, and I could navigate to the folder on the CF card and download the images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a card reader?  I can open the CF card on my desktop, select all, drag and drop photos into a folder, but that defeats the purpose of Bridge. Bridge will respond to the command to import from device, but then it cannot detect the CF card in the card reader.  It is not a problem with the card reader or CF card because LR will import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case Import from Device opens a window that sees my CF card in the card reader. When i did it the first time I think I had to navigate to the file but now it does so automatically. The Adobe Bridge Photo Downloader does not see my card. Sorry this didn't help. I guess it'll be fixed at some point, it is self evident that an application designed to download photographs shouold be able to find a CF card. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me. Not reading my card but I can see the photos there. I am on a Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a laptop and a desktop (both Windows 10 Pro 64bit).
The laptop is running Bridge 13.0.2.636 and the photodownloader works as expected.

The (newer) desktop is running the latest version, (i've also uninstalled and tried the 13.0.2.xxx version), but the Photodownloader simply doesn't work - nothing happens when I click the button on the toolbar, or select "Download photos..." from the File menu. When I try and run the Photodownloader.exe file indepentantly (wither or not Bridge is running), I get Error Code 0xc000007b.

To try and fix the problem I have:

Restarted the computer about 20 times...

Uninstalled and reinstalled Bridge several times (both versions)

Updated Windows.

Reinstalled Windows (didn't delete apps/files).

Run Photodownloader.exe as Admin (same error)

Run a virus scan (no problems)

Uninstalled all the VB C++ programs, restarted computer, and downloaded and reinstalled them.

Run DISM and SFC to attempt to fix the Windows installation.

None of this has worked.

I finally used DNG converter (standalone version) to get the photos off the SD card.

And I'm not very happy.

Please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines