Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Close or switch between content panels

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm a power user when it comes to Adobe Bridge, so naturally the new 'content panel'-workflow

(which only got a few lines of introduction when opening version 2023, even though it completely changes the entire workflow) was a bit startling. Anyway, I'm not against change and are willing to try this new way of managing windows.

To us keyboard shortcuts are absolutly crucial. We need to work quick and not get interrupted in our flow. I don't want to sit around clicking on small buttons with the mouse.

So, there must be a way to:

1.) Quickly open a new content panel, in the exact same folder I'm in! I.e two instances with a shortcut. I'm aware cmd+shift+T on a Mac opens a new content panel but will only open at a previously set location. Who needs that?

2.) A shortcut to CLOSE a content panel (?!). Maybe there is, but I certainly cant fint it in the app or at google searches/adobe support forum.

3.) A keystroke to SWITCH between open content panels. Option+Tab (alt+tab windows) would be the obvious one. 

Also, most european keyboards don't have a \-key or brackets and are therefore unable to use some shortcuts in Adobe programs that doesnt provide a way to customize keybindings. If Close and Switch commands doesnt exist in Bridge you really start to wonder if dog fooding even exists at Adobe.

Ps. It feels to me that the new version is more snappy then previous version, so big up for that!

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we shout this from the mountain tops! Good god, not being able to keyboard between the various folders I'm working in is MADDENING. And I too "get" and am willing to try the changes, and was startled by the content panels, but not even being able to have multiple instances of the window‽ what is that‽ What if I wanted to compare between two screens? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree content panels seem great idea but only if you can swtich between them easily  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes to a Content Panel switch/toggle feature. Please vote for this feature on the Adobe Bridge feature request forum: https://adobebridge.uservoice.com/forums/905323-feature-request/suggestions/45889429-kb-shortcut-to-...

https://adobebridge.uservoice.com/ 

Also, as a pro/daily Bridge user - I'm finding uses for the Content Panel feature but without the ability to keyboard switch/toggle the feature is very limiting. I also require the restoration of the New Window workflow and expect a feature-rich Adobe Bridge with both Content Panel and New Window options. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes. Also the new version is soo slow updating jpg thumbnails. We all reverted to 2022-version. This is nothing but a beta at best in this state. We gave it a shot but got burned by adobe again, and like usual no communication. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines