• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Color settings won't sync/stick in CC 2019 Apps [macosx 10.14]

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to the new 2019 Versions of the CC apps today, but I am unable to sync the color settings across apps.  Also, the color setting do not stick within the individual apps. I update the universal color settings in bridge and apply, if I quit and relaunch bridge the color settings indicate they are not synced.

If I open Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign the color settings are indeed not synced.  I can manually update the settings in each app, but as soon as I quit, and relaunch, each app, the color settings have reverted back to their 'defaults'.

I have deleted all CC applications and data, run the CC Cleaner app, reinstalled CC from scratch and the color setting issue still remains.

This behavior isn't happening with the 2018 versions of the apps.  I can set a global color setting in Bridge and it will apply to all apps.

The apps maintain the color setting between quit and relaunch.

Mainly just curious if anyone else has seen this behavior?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

I think I got it working after trashing the color preferences.

Delete this file:

ACEConfigCache2.lst

Located:

/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color

Same/other threat :

Creative Cloud 2019 - Not respecting color settings

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure if you still need help, but you can get to your Library folder by hitting Shift+Cmd+G in Finder and typing: ~/Library/
This will get you into your Library folder, then just navigate to: Preferences/Adobe/Color and find the file there.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hier werkt het ook weer, bedankt Thijs

Works again, thanks Thijs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a file with that name for the color preferences. I don't even have that path (Adobe/Preferences/Color/) available on my system. Any other workarounds??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on phone with Adobe "tech support" for 2 hours last night.

Was about to create a new profile just now, when I decided to look at forums.

Thanks Thijs de Leeuw!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your Finder click “alt“ while clicking “Go“ in the menu. Than the “Library“ will appear in the dropdown.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this option works for all programs except Indesign.

"Some parameters in the color preference file (german translation) can not be used. Indesign uses the standard parameters."

I have to pay attention to every single job I open. That's not funny Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed, the solution of deleting the file doesn't work for indesign!!! Any idea what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the ALT + GO tip! Wasn't finding that file until I read your post. My listed "Library" didn't have that folder at all. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The suggested fix doesn't help me with the same problem. I don't have this file in my system 'ACEConfigCache2.lst'. I'm on a Mac, and don't have the path mentioned doesn't correlate to my file structure. Looked in /Users/(my-username)/Library/Application\ Support/Adobe/Color, but not there. Did a search for it, and drew a blank too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi tgiadd,

In your Finder click “alt“ while clicking “Go“ in the menu. Than the “Library“ will appear in the dropdown.

Delete this file under the path described above.

For me I found a solution: Making all settings in Indesign/save this settings/synchronize in Bridge – that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There wasn't a problem with finding Library (either the main one or the User one). It was quite simply that file didn't exist. After opening and closing Bridge etc. I then used Path Finder's search and this time did find the file (created just after 2pm today – 15mins ago my time). I then followed this page: Error: "Suite Color Management is not enabled" | Adobe Bridge CS3, CS4, CS5  (in particular point 4 relating to resetting the Bridges' cache, as this helped in terms of resetting the 'connection' across illustrator, Photoshop AND Indesign :-).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be issues in general with color in all the 2019 apps. In After Effects I am getting crazy color rendition for stuff that looked great just last month. Same profiles and settings. Had to turn all color management off just get a project output. Will try deleting the pref file listed on this thread but seriously- what's up with this Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 26, 2018 Oct 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you thank.  It looks like it worked.  I was going back and forth between .ai and .psd.  Got color settings correct on .ai but when jumping  to .psd and back again they were gone.  Trashing that color file seems to have worked.  Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are the steps that have been working for me and my creative team:

1. If you use an Adobe supplied Color Settings preset, go to next step, otherwise use Photoshop Color Settings, to create your desired color settings, and then Save a named Preset.

2. Quit all Adobe apps

3. Hold down the Option key, and choose the Go Menu.

4. Chose Library.

5. Go to Preferences/Adobe/Color

6. Delete this file: ACEConfigCache2.lst

7.  Go into Bridge 2018 (or 2019 if you have already deleted Bridge 2018), and go to Edit, Color Settings, and chose your desired preset, and click Apply.  If done in Bridge 2018, you don't need to do it in Bridge 2019.

8.  Quit Bridge, and now all your 2018 and 2019 apps will be "Synchronized" and will not revert back to the factory defaults!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have followed all these steps and things don't seem to be working. I upgraded from 2018 to 2019 yesterday.

The color picker appears to have changed (I hate this style) and colors just don't stick. I'll input the # for a color and it will not display on the screen at all. Every color seems very dull. This is happening in PS & AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

We have released a new version of Adobe Bridge CC (9.0.1.216) which also includes fix for this issue.

Request you to upgrade your Bridge version from Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop or https://creative.adobe.com/products/download/bridge

Please let us know if you face any issues.

Regards,

Siddharth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry but it still not works. photoshop, indesign and illustrator now doesnt reset to an emulate-mode but keeps resetting randomly (sometimes yes, sometimes no) to the color management wich is set in bridge. but i need other color profiles than in bridge. for example i want to work in sRGB and not adobeRGB but the apps keeps resetting to adobeRGB. your fix fixed only the worst part of the bug, but it is still annoying to work with. please fix again and better

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it happens in photoshop, illustrator and indesign. isnt there a way to tell bridge NOT to sync the programs?

thats how it looks:

color management problem.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t have installed Bridge and have the same issue in Illustrator.

Starting Illustrator or opening an Illustrator file doesn’t reset the color settings, but open an smart object from Photoshop by double clicking on a smart layer does always.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT working for me.

Mac OS Mojave and all apps are updated.

I dont have a file named ACEConfigCache2 (I searched the entire disc).

I've deleted the Bridge cache.

I set the synced color setting with Bridge and open InDesign, it's back at emulate 2.0

There is no way to make this work!

InDesign refuse all attempts I make and defaults back to the "emulate 2.0" setting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finders search don’t retrieve system files by default, so maybe the file “ACEConfigCache2” is there. Use the “Go to folder …” menu in finder and paste in `~/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color` to check it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont use Finder to search the “entire disc” as I wrote. I search with FileBuddy to do that. Of course I also took a look at the folder mentioned here before writing.

I dont have this file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue, not locating the ACEConfigCache2.lst file - even after doing a search on my system. The tip listed a few times above "clicking ALT then GO" from the FINDER, reveals LIBRARY - for whatever reason the "Library" on my favorites panel doesn't reveal the same list files. Then:

1. Install the latest version of adobe application and please delete the color settings cache file ACEConfigCache2.lst at the location  /Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color

Set the colour settings/preferences in BRIDGE. Working for me so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working for me. Additionally, When I type or add a new element basically half or large segments are just not showing. I'm pretty irritated with CC right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in the exact position!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines