• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour labels from Lightroom are displayed incorrectly in Bridge

Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the very latest verions of both apps. I give colour labels to images in Lightroom Classic. Then I export these images as TIFs and check the folder in Bridge. The star ration is displayed corretly, but not the colour labels. In bridge the diffrerent colours don't show up, the are all just labeled as white. It would be helpful to the exact same colour labels as in Lightroom.

TOPICS
Bug , Metadata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Problem solved! I wanted Bridge labels to match Lightroom. And now it does. I found in Lightroom an option inside the metadata menue point which allows me to set Lightroom to use Bridge labels. Now the are displayed corretly in Bridge after export fom Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The labels in Bridge need to match... Or is it that the labels in Lr need to match Bridge?

prefs-labels.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I recall, the colors and/or names for labels in LRC and Bridge were not intended to match. Thus, unless otherwise stated, any matching is purely unintentional. 

But, as I've stated in the past, Bridge and Lightroom Classic should be used in parallel, not in unison. Bridge is a "happy-go-lucky" kind of program. It doesn't care what kind of files are in a folder; it doesn't care if you move files around in Bridge or Finder/Explorer; it doesn't care where or how you made any adjustments.

Lightroom Classic, on the other hand, is a very picky application. If you move a file or change a file's name, it will act as if you threw the file out, and you have to relocate the file for LRC manually. If you adjust a file outside of LRC knowledge, the next time you open it in LRC, LRC will let you know that it was changed OUTSIDE of LRC — who do you believe?

But overall, there's very, very little that can be done in either that can't be done in the other. There's no real reason to run the files through Bridge if you want the images to end up in LRC and Vise Versa. And, to return this back to the initial question, from what I understand, it would require a lot of programming to make the two applications properly share labels. So, it will not be soon for this to be corrected. Any benefit that you might have by running the images through Bridge before installing them into LRC might be made moot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2022 Dec 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you "state", how someone should use programs or not? Others might have other workflows than you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 27, 2022 Dec 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some workflows have problems that we see over and over and over. For example, keywords are buggy and the two apps can corrupt each other's keywords if used together. Someone might want to know that before they lose data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem solved! I wanted Bridge labels to match Lightroom. And now it does. I found in Lightroom an option inside the metadata menue point which allows me to set Lightroom to use Bridge labels. Now the are displayed corretly in Bridge after export fom Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, one could make the request for the opposite : to have a setting in Bridge preferences that matches Lightroom's, for the many users that use both apps together, with a prevalence on Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is an old post, but honestly why hasn't bridge allowed the color tags to be communicated back? It shouldn't be different for color tags, its within the same eco system why not match... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

go into Bridge "Settings" > "Labels and Ratings" and rename the labels with the same names of Lightroom labels (Red, Yellow, Green, ect).

Cheers,

Eliano

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 07, 2024 May 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Someone has to know to do this as it isn't documented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines