• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

command-w is removed from bridge 2023?

Participant ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

command-w is removed from bridge 2023? WHY!?

and closing the window now quits the program!? annoying

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you get any update in this matter? this seems to be the only topic about this. Can't believe anyone else isn't annoyed about this, basicly more than a decade working with this shortcuts...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No update at all! Seems like Adobe made a strange choice. This is the only app that acts this way. I have been using command-h to hide the window as a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has removed the multiple window feature in favor of multiple content tabs. I'm not sure how they got to that point, multiple tabs were a common request but the implementation is terrible.

As for closing the window quitting the app, on the Mac, some apps do that and some don't. Usually a single-window app will quit but a multiple window app won't. The Mac has worked this way for decades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The Mac has worked this way for decades."

That's only partially true, e.g. for the Calendar app. (But for most apps it isn't.) And that's also why I delved into the Terminal to tweak Calendar's settings to not Quit when I close its window. I want to Cmd-tab to the app and re-open a window, in stead of using the mouse to navigate to the Dock, search for the app icon, and click to open it again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using the Mac since System 7. When the PowerPC was brand-new, 1995. Yes, its been like that for, literally, decades.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I've been using Mac since 1987...

An app like Bridge should have a proper window management !

It's not something like a Calculator. Close (last) Window ≠ Quit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is proper window management? I suspect that the developers are going to have to rethink a bunch of stuff. But if it's a single-window app, then yes at least they did that part right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, 

The latest Beta build 14.0.0.57 brings back support for 'Multiple Windows' along with a few new features. 
For a complete list of features available in the Beta build, please refer to the community post :  
https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/adobe-bridge-beta-is-now-available-14-0-0-57/td-p/...

We would love for you to try it out and share feedback. 

  

Regards, 
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines