• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS6 E Bridge Slow to load thumbnails, 'building criteria'

Participant ,
Jun 17, 2012 Jun 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Bridge opens on the folder it was last opened/closed in, it takes a long time to load, constantly 'building criteria' as if all the images are newly imported. I've searched the forums, have tried all the tweaks and settings, but it's still iceberg slow.  Bridge CS5 is noticeably quicker, as if the cache info is being read immediately. CS6 is behaving as if the cache file has been deleted. It hasn't. I have tried the "flush the cache" to see if maybe it's corrupted. No joy. I have boosted cache size. No joy. I've compacted, automatically exported cache to folders, everything... Nothing seems to fix the snail slowness.

All Adobe updates have been applied.

i7-2600s @2.80GHz

8 gb DDRw ram

Nvidia GeForce GT420 1gb DDR3

6+ tbs hd space.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 206 Replies 206
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your fix is inadequate.

It is so slow as to be useless.

Also you have to "do something" to get Bridge to change. I waited 90 seconds and thought I'd do something else, when I closed the something else and put the focus back to Bridge the building criteria was complete.

I am at Bridge 8.0.1.282. Mac High Sierra 10.13.2, 3.5 Ghz i7, 24Gb 1600Mhz DDR3.

Just done another example, 32 seconds for a folder containing 42 items.

Go away and think again how you can support your paying customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An added thought.

32 seconds is an improvement over never but in today's world 2 seconds is regarded as an unacceptable delay.

I will not hold my breath for 8.0.1.283

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A comparison

Using Finder

78 folders containing 7213 image files.

Find all .PSD files and show Thumbnails.

So fast I cannot measure it.

That is what I expect, and pay for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS there were 244 of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Bridge CS6, I deleted all of my 'favorites' and just use 'folders' for navigation, the problem resolved immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody solved this problem yet? Or are we (well for me luckily my employer) still paying for a product that doesn't work?

Just updated to latest CC2018 version and it is still terribly slow.

Example:

Folder with 405 illustrator files, all thumbs/previews generated. On opening it takes:

Bridge CS4 - 2 second to open and start working with 15 items in favorites, metadata, filter, keywords all on

Bridge CC2018 - 20 seconds to stop "generating previews" with everything off as suggested solutions in this (and other) treads.

Is the only real solution to stop using Bridge or to use versions up to CS5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2018 Aug 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have set catching to each folder, limited files to 500 per folder, stopped using sub-folders and added a SSD drive.

It has helped but Bridge is still just plain slow rebuilding cache data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines