• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customized Meta Fields in Bridge

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to customize a set of metadata fields in Adobe Bridge to tag assets used for instructional designers. I noticed that you have a DICOM set created for the medical community. Is there any way to build one just like that with our own perimeters? I know that I can do custom tags in Lightroom.

Carmel

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried using Create Metadat Template under the tools menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did, but it only allows me to organize metadata fields provinded by Adobe. I need some fields with customized names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really want to create your own panel with custom names and fields, you can attempt to create one, but IMO it's a PIA. trying to figure out the proper namespaces and syntax is not fun. Plus I'm not sure how current this link is and how well these panels work now. There has been issues in the past with them. We developed one and Adobe changed the process, so we couldn't view or edit thousands of file's metadata. I'm not sure if there is a fix, but currently I have to enter the custom metadata in the file info panel and not the metadata panel that's on the side of Bridge.

http://metadatadeluxe.pbworks.com/f/XMP_CustomPanels.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then if you want custom names and fields, you'll have to create a custom panel with the link that I provided. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuck: thank you for the idea. I'm tryign it now. Will keep everybody poasted

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck, it's not that easy. And as I mentioned before, you need to enter the info in the file info panel rather than the normal metadata panel, as the changes don't always register.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope that link that I gave you has current info. They dropped their Flash based panels a while ago, so hopefully that covers the new method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuck: It's no longer as easy in CC 2019, the plugin information is now embedded as package infromation inside the app. I can see the dicom.plugin inside, but have no idea of how to add new ones. Adobe issued an SDK that allows using javascript to build new plugins, but it seems to be complicated and the parts are scattered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, the one I created for my work, a few years ago, after they dropped Flash still works and shows up. Here's one link about where to put the panel, with the new system. Still looking for info on creating the panels currently. 

https://www.dpci.com/insights/installing-custom-metadata-panels-and-get-info-panels-adobe-bridge-cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another link that looks promising,  but makes my head spin just looking at the subjects.

https://www.adobe.com/devnet/xmp.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's where I have my panel on Win 10:

C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\XMP\Metadata Extensions\My panel folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carmel - have you made progress on creating a custom metadata panel?

The current way to do this is documented in XMP Metadata UI SDK CC 2014  

In the doc folder, look at XMPMetadataUI.pdf for details.  You can start with their sample extention and customize for your needs.  Also, you can create your own namespace for custom properties, in case no other namespaces are appropriate.

On thing to know is that there is a bug with the extensions which causes invalid XMP arrays to be generated.  Becasue of this, you should only use XMP text properties, not bag, seq, or langAlt.

Let me know if you need help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines