• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deleting files not in trash

Advocate ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a first in the 13 years using Bridge. I'm deleting files, and those deleted files are not in the trash.

(Mac High Sierra)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem with Adobe Bridge 9.0.2.219, running on Mac OS 10.14.2, with files stored on an Promise Pegasus R4 raid  0+1 array that shows up as a single , 8TB, SAS External Physical Disk.  I select images in Bridge, delete them; and at least half the time they do not show up in the Trash.  Number of images does not seem to matter.  I have successfully deleted 2000 image files.  Just now I deleted 11 that did *not* show up in the Trash.

The workaround (which as far as I can tell always works) is to

-quit Bridge and any other apps I have to quit, in order to

- unmount the disk, and

- remount the disk.

After remounting the disk, files show up in the Trash and I can delete them.

I periodically run First Aid on the disk.  Never has a problem been found.

The Promise Utility shows no obvious errors.

The raid array has hit 98% full.  Hence my current interest in deleting image files.

I a have 1TB free now; but I still see this odd Bridge/Mac OS behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Users,

Please reset Bridge preferences and let us know if the issue persists

Start Adobe Bridge and immediately press Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Windows) or Command+Option+Shift (Mac OS) until the Reset Settings dialog box appears.

Select option--Reset Preferences-and then click OK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ABISHEKEKOK

Your suggestion was WORTHLESS AND did not help at all.

I often find that people who offer the reset preference don't know what they are doing, and hence offer that old worn out idea.

Today, I just deleted from Bridge 30 images, hoping to pull them from trash to my deleted folder. They are not in the trash, where did they go?

No other major app has this problem, only Bridge. You delete things and they don't end up in trash.

CAN YOU PLEASE FORWARD this issue to a competent engineer at Adobe and let me know what to do.

This is just sadistic.

For others, this has nothing to do with Raid or other hardrive. I'm operating on just one external hardrive. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2019 Jun 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I happened upon an easier coping mechanism.

Re-launched the Finder and files showed up in the Trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That actually works! Amazing......Thanks Jim!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best and easiest answer.  It worked to relaunch finder.  Why is it that "experts" always suggest resetting preferences and messing everything in the process!!!  Thanks JimFitzgerald!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You saved me! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2019 Jun 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem...still looking for solution. The only way i can solve is to start my system without any external drive connected. After the sistem has loaded I can switch on the external drive and the issue doesn't appear....  If you leave your EHD wired to the mac during the system loading the issue is there!, there is a trick in this case (not my idea) : by finder create a new bin in the EHD and then deleted it, after that your adobe application will delete files correctly...but  if you restart system the issue is there!.

I think is an issue due to upgrading from yosemite to high sierra... Before never had it. No solution for that.

Note: online you can find same issue with lightroom

No real solution!

Please Adobe talk with Apple!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you delete files on a shared volume, they are always deleted and not put in Trash.

As for the RAID array, update the firmware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines