Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Descriptions missing in metadata panel

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge 8.0.1.282 on macOS 10.13.4

I just started using Bridge and have noticed many of my descriptions (IPTC comment field) are not showing up in the metadata panel. They do show up when I do a Get Info on the file in Finder and I can also see them via exiftool in Terminal. The issue spans both scanned pictures and several camera models. I am a recent convert to the mac so most of the descriptions were created using Irfanview or Picassa on Windows, if that makes any difference. Any suggestions on what might be the issue? And what I may do about it?  Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Add a comment using Bridge to a clean file with no comments, then do File Info and look at the raw data for both files. See if the format is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try a purge cache of the file selection, purge cache of the parent folder or purge the entire Bridge cache (should be a last resort) if you are certain that the metadata is in the file but not displayed correctly in Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2018 May 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add a comment using Bridge to a clean file with no comments, then do File Info and look at the raw data for both files. See if the format is the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2018 May 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Purging did not help. Frankly, I'm not going to spend the time diagnosing the problem. I can spend the time just copying the comments from Picasa (while it still works) into Bridge. I digitized my old photos in 2007 and mostly used Irfanview (on Windows) to add the IPTC data. I assume it might not have been rigorous in writing the fields. But Picassa (on Windows and Mac) had no problem reading that data. I'm hoping that once I have the data in Bridge (I plan on regularizing the keywords, too), it will be more future proof.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So there is no way to do a search in Bridge for any text within the 'Description' Metadata? Wha?!? I've placed all of the former file names there, as they should be. Just so I'm understanding this, the content in descriptions is worthless. Tell me where this could/can be placed in order to find it later

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines