Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Deselect in Bridge after deleting a file

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since the latest update, when deleting a file, the blue selection on file disappears instead of going to the next one. It goes back to the beginning of the folder and I have to select again the file/picture I was arrived at. Not efficient when you have a huge selection. If I choose "refuse", the blue selection stays and it goes to the next file as usual, but it makes me work twice and loose time. I could use only "delete" and the right arrow so it was easy, but I now need the mouse to reselect the file...

I tried to reset everything but the issue remains with delete.

Does anyone know how to fix that?

Thanks!

[Moved from Creative Cloud to Bridge by moderator. || Note: BRIDGE-8932 ]

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known bug in the most recent release and the tech team is working on it now. Hopefully they will have a fix soon. You can always go back a version and uninstall this version until they fix the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has been a longstanding issue with large folders, where a deletion isn't always immediate, or where the entire file list reloads after deleting, or if you have scrolled past the deleted file, Bridge jumps back to the next file once it finally performs the deletion. Just not good folder listing code. Compare it to other file browsers (Finder, Explorer, Faststone Image Viewer, etc.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2019 Jun 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Was this issue resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. This is not fixed - I am using Bridge 10.0.1.126 on Mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The "Deselect in Bridge after deleting a file" has been addressed in v10.0 which will be released early next month.

If you need early access to this release, you can sign up for the prerelease program from https://adobeprerelease.com under NDA.

Select Adobe Bridge. Once we approve your request, you will be able to download v10.0 (choose the latest drop).

Please check this build and report back.

Thanks,

Varun Varshney

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Behavior still exists. However, strangely, it exists on the Macbook Pro but doesn't exist on the iMac. Both Macs are running Catalina, and are up to date on OS updates.

*** Correction ***
I just got into the office and while yesterday I observed that Bridge 2020 in the iMac had seemed to fix this behavior, alas it has not. It seems that during the sleep/wake up function, the Bridge jumping behavior has reemerged. So this behavior still exists, for sure in both environments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2020 Feb 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is still occuring in the latest version of Bridge. I just downloaded it today (10.3). Very frustrating. When will this be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not solved. Please take this post off "Solved" please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

any update on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2019 Nov 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of late, no update or word from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not solved. I am late to the problem, because i never update my software right away since this has happened in the past. How can we download the previous working version 9.03? And when we install a new version, is there a way to keep the old version from being uninstalled? Before CC I always kept the last couple update installers just in case this sort of thing happened. Now it's not possible..seemingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not fixed - I am using Bridge 10.0.1.126 on Mojave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is february 2020 now. I still have this problem. Anyone got it solved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2020 Feb 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is supposedly fixed in the current release, I haven't seen it happen recently myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately not. On my Macbook with OS 10.15.2 and 10.0.2 the bug is back. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dominikgeisler,

Sorry you're seeing it in the current release, can you verify you're indeed using 10.0.2?

If so, the engineering team would like to work with you to investigate this further; 

Can you provide screenrecording of this happening on your system?

Would you be willing and interested in working towards resolution with our engineering team via screenshare? 

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course I using current Bridge version. 🙂

And yes, also I would be interested in a screenshare. How do we meet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2020 Feb 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dominik,

I've asked our engineering team to follow up with you via email regarding the screenshare. 

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur. It is not fixed on my end either. I just installed the latest release too. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 11.34.26 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

With the help of dominikgeisler, the Bridge engineering team has been able to reproduce this issue and is working towards a fix. Thank you Dominik for the assistance and willingness to help out here. We'll get a fix out as soon as we can.

Regards,

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cool! When should we expect an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines