• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Diagonal lines in picture

Enthusiast ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a potential bug in Photoshop/Bridge, never encountered this before. I recently developed 6 portrait photos in Camera RAW. I then imported them into Photoshop (23.5.1) and did some retouching and saved them out as .PSD files. When I checked them in Bridge I discovered that four of them had two diagonal lines in the thumbs, always at the same positions, see attached picture.

At first I thought maybe it had something to do with my new Canon R6 camera, haven't used it much. But the RAW files have no trace of the lines, they only show up in the .PSD thumbnails inside of Bridge. If I view the .PSD files using XnViewMP there's no trace of the lines either. If I open the files in Phoshop, same thing; no lines.

I also get the lines if I use the Bridge Export function to save out the pictures. But if I use the Image Processor; no lines! Initially I suspected it might have to do with the flattened layer created by "Maximize Compatibility". But I assume that Bridge Export doesn't use that for export. Also, in that case the lines should have shown up in the thumbs in XNViewMp, which they don't. So has anyone encountered this before? So far it has only happened to the four pictures that I developed this week...

'deep-sigh.jpg

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've moved your post from the Photoshop forum to the Bridge forum where you are more likely to get help with your issue, which from your description appears in Bridge only.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was deabting wheter or not to put his in the Bridge section or not.. since PS may very well have something to do with it. But I feel comfy in here too 😁 ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So no one has any clues about this or been subjected to this bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never seen that issue here no, although I do tend to use Lightroom more than Bridge.

A couple of questions that might enable others to help you:

Is Bridge up to date? (Check Help>About Bridge)

Do you use 100% previews (check Tools > Cache >Manage Cache)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot to include the Bridge version, it's the latest one; 12.0.3.270. And yes, I use 100% previews, but I have tried to purge the 100% cache, no difference, the lines are still there. Are the 100% used by the Export function in Bridge? I believed it didn't used cache information and relied on the actual information in the file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you are correct. I was just trying to get as much information here as possible so someone can perhaps replicate the issue

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good, I got a bit scared there for a bit! It would have been incredibly stupid to use cached images for Export, but I wouldn't put it past Adobe to do that! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines