• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

El Capitan & Adobe Photo Importer

Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo importer callable from Bridge no longer recognizes my cameras since I installed El Capitan.  I've disabled Apple's Phottos.app from importing.  Is there a workaround, or is it bye-bye Photo Importer for me?  I am of course NOT using CC, but PS 12.last update on a Mac Pro.

--Gene

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Hi everyone,

Also I would request you to keep an eye on this thread - Bridge: Issue using Photo Downloader on Mac OS 10.11 - El Capitan

We will be updating this thread when we have new information.

Regards

Rohit

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 183 Replies 183
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that was true, nothing would work, for me all cards under 64GB work fine. And Capture One recognises 64 / 128 and 256GB cards immediately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe in general does not have the issue. Bridge does. You can import from Lightroom just fine (but it does not have the Bridge functionality), so someone at Adobe knows how to do it. I do not see this as an Apple issue as much as the Adobe Bridge development team missing big on the OS X upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created new forum post for same issue using PSE 13.x on El Capitan.

I hope Adobe can confirm that the fix you are working on will also resolve import issue in PSE 13.x

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1969769?sr=inbox&ru=1413589

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem for me is the name of the archive I got after importing using Apple Image Capture. I used the Organizer's Photo Downloader to rename the pictures showing the capture date and time.

Years ago I found an app, called ExifRenamer (qdev.de - ExifRenamer) that lets me change the name after the capture. It is still working in El Capitan.

If anyone has the same problem I hope this can help.

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using ExifRename is partial solution, but you can also import using Apple Image Capture and then change the names in the folder using Bridge.  Once the files are on the hard drive, Bridge will recognize them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Workaround:

(1) Insert your high-capacity SD card into a card reader attached to your Mac

(2) Insert a USB stick that has sufficient capacity for the files you want to download

(3) Copy the files from the SD card onto the memory stick

(4) Open Bridge

(5) Click Files|Get Files from Camera

(6) Select the USB stick onto which you copies the files

Bridge will read the files, and it will be fully functional -  able to rename files, convert them to DNG, delete them when done. etc.

A PITA in that you have to add the step of copying the files to the memory stick, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or use 32GB cards, if you got them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is not enough, that it does not work import to Bridge CC, also does not work Camera Control Pro II at all.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is my 'workaround' for what it is worth.

We are fortunate enough to have several Mac desktops and several Mac laptops.  Does anyone still use Windows?

We have learned from experience that whenever there is an Apple OS upgrade there are problems.  It takes Apple and Adobe several months after the release of a new OS to sort those problems out.  We've been 'bit' so many times before.

When there is a new Apple OS we now only upgrade ONE of our desktops and we see if there are problems. First law:  There are ALWAYS problems.  Second law: There is usually nothing we can do about it both Apple and Adobe remain, on the face of it, largely unresponsive. 

I'm sure Apple and Adobe are beavering away in the background but you wouldn't think so.  They are usually silent when it comes to problems with their software.

So, for images, we load our images from our cameras to one of our Yosemite machines using the Adobe uploader as usual.  Everything still works under Yosemite (raw images uploaded).  We then copy our images from our working computers to a portable hard drive and then upload them from the portable hardrive onto the El Capitan machine.  Adobe software under El Capitan almost works correctly.

We now have a new Law.  Law 3.  NEVER upgrade to a new version of an Apple OS for at least a year!

We also have another new Law.  Law 4:  We ask Adobe for a rebate on our month CC fee when their software fails.  Strangely, we never get a rebate.  Indeed, they never reply to our mails.

Hope this helps.

Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2015 Oct 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe, would you please inform us what is happening with the photo downloader issue!! We have been waited so long... You have a professional software and we expect you to have professional reactions for getting the software back in track...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree Ari, this silence and "workarounds" are embarrassing on so many levels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue and is currently being investigated by the engineering team for a solution in Photoshop Elements and Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this issue be resolved?!?!??!?!! I have been out 3+ weeks now! Non of the troubleshoots or other options that have been provided work for me. I am so FRUSTRATED!! I have no way of uploading my images and would like for things to work the way they did before I updated to El Capitan. Please can I get some guidance or answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One workaround I believe have not seen is for those who have a Parallels/Windows 7 session installed use it to move the content from the camera into a temporary folder in your Mac and then use Bridge the same way as you normally would (before this El Capitan issue). Since the Mac itself has no issue "seeing" the device connected into the USB port, WIndows is able to see it too. The reason this is a better solution is that Windows Explorer is able to move the content directly from the camera and Finder is not. You can copy the content of the device as you would move any other type of file after that. I know is not ideal but offers a way to get your content back in Adobe Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if using the trial version of Lightroom is a solution for some for now? I assume this is working with El Capitan and allows upload of image files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2015 Nov 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Crickets.

That's all I hear when I look for a solution to this. And it has been four weeks now.

Running Photoshop CC2015 and Bridge CC same version. Worked fine until I installed El Capitan. I am able to select CF cards from my 5DsR in the photo downloader app. I am unable to select my Fujifilm XE1 camera when it is connected directly via the USB cable and I cannot select the card when it is inserted in a USB reader. Other applications see the card.

Hello?

Is this thing working?

I can't get an files off my camera...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes a bit of info would be nice. Is the next update to El Capitan likely to solve it or is Adobe going to have a work out the solution alone? Considering how many photographers use Macs and Adobe software this is all rather surprising and disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only disappointing but it has been time consuming trying to fix the problem, and now I realize it's not fixable by me.

I've been opening two finder windows, after locating the RAW files on the SD card I drag and drop them into the proper folder. Open Bridge and there they are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no news from Adobe for quite a while, it is disappointment really as was expecting some feedback from them, oh well I guess every penny I paid is not really worth every penny!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2015 Nov 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if this will help everyone, but I thought I'd add my approach to download RAW (and jpg). I attach my Canon 50D (and Nikon Coolpix, iPhone 6) to my iMac via a USB cable. When I turn the camera on, Image Capture activates (I set that as a default when this problem arose). In Image Capture I designate a folder on my computer to send the files to. Once they're uploaded I can either open those images in Photoshop from the file, or, open the file with the Bridge. I'm not professional photographer but I do take a lot of photos and this method has been satisfactory for my purposes. I agree, someone needs to light a fire under Adobe. On my iMac, every app and piece software works or had been modified to work with El Capitan by the app's software folks . Why not Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do we pay a monthly fee to have the most recent Adobe products if they are not kept up to date. We shouldn't have to use workarounds to make your products work. Figure this out Adobe. I haven't been satisfied with your products since I switched over from CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2015 Nov 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

Find your IMAGE CAPTURE.app:
Open Finder

Select Applications

Find Image Capture.app

Open it up.

Connect a digital camera or insert an SD CARD.

At the bottom left of Image Capture there will be an up arrow, click that.

If you connected with a camera, you will find it here with an option to open a program for this connection.

You can also import images from here to a folder or a program. Worked nicely for me. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m wondering if there will be a fix to this case in THIS YEAR.... I need CC for my work as a photographer and i PAY for it. All I get is more and more workarounds and no fix for the problem.

I am so ANGRY!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks to everyone for posting the Image Capture solution, Yes it works but that is not the point right now as there is total silence from Adobe regarding this issue and I find that rather disturbing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am having the same problem as all the people on all these pages... HOWEVER, I have found that even though Bridge no longer recognizes my Canon 5D III, i CAN download my RAW images to Bridge if I use a card reader rather than my camera. Bridge will recognize my card reader. I hope this will help some of you who sound so desperate and frustrated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines