Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error in action with script when started from Bridge but not Photoshop

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

so I got a few actions for convenience, one of them I use to precess PSDs/PSBs to flattened Tiffs while removing guides/paths/alphas. 

For some reason I cant understand when I start the action for Bridge it gives and error which I've tracked to the clear paths script, but the same action works flawlessly if started from Photoshop (using source and destination folders).

Start Batch

File: "/Volumes/Work SSD/XXXXXXXXX/210525_XXXXXX9755.psb"
Error: Could not complete the ScriptingSupport command because of a program error. (-1)

Script in question:

app.displayDialogs = DialogModes.NO;

activeDocument.pathItems.removeAll();

app.displayDialogs = DialogModes.YES;

Its not a dela breaker but there's some convinience in deploying actions on particular files in a folder.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Batch

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

displayDialogs = DialogModes.ALL

For me script works starting from Bridge. For a test create 'pth' folder on desktop and copy to 210525_XXXXXX9755.psb. Try Batch from Bridge again on 'pth' folder with that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The second code you posted is not supposed to work in Bridge, but only in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Um aware of that,I'm referring to start the action in Bridge in selected files to be handled by Photoshop in Tools-> Photoshop -> Batch

It's a Photoshop error not Bridge, but only triggered when started from Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me script works starting from Bridge. For a test create 'pth' folder on desktop and copy to 210525_XXXXXX9755.psb. Try Batch from Bridge again on 'pth' folder with that file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thad did the trick, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines