• English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Error Message: Unable to save the raw conversion settings. The file could not be created.

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have plugged in my memory card to my MacBook Pro using MacOSHighSierra. My photos have come up as both .CR3 and .JPG, as per usual. When I click on a .CR3 or .JPG file to edit, when clicking 'Done' it closes and pops up with the error message:  "Unable to save the raw conversion settings. The file could not be created". It then returns to the main essentials page with no edits saved. 

This has never happened before, so much so that everything was working just fine last night.  I have tried shutting everything down in the hopes that the old school method works - it doesn't. I have tried deleting Camera Raw Preferences (taken from a community post) - no difference. I have scanned the internet for possible solutions and cannot seem to find any. 

I'd love any advice on how to be able to keep my edits when saving!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Royn,

As I read your post, it sounds like you are trying to do image manipulation on your camera card. 

If you are, DON'T DO THAT!!!!!

For one thing you might have intensionally or not intensionally switched your card to lock it. I do not know, it doesn't change my ALL CAPS statement.

Have you tried to transfer your images to your computer and then tried processing? Let me know.

Meanwhile, camera cards were never meant for processing, but even if they were, here's why you should never do that: The images on your card are one-and-only images. If ANYthing goes caphluy your image is gone and there is no back up. FWIW, my process for dealing with images is to ingest the image to my computer. Then I back up those images, Then I take the camera card and reformat it IN THE CAMERA, I never erase it by my computer. The reason for this is that there is a likelyhood for the erasing process to foul up the card so that your camera will not recognize it. 

Anyhow, let me know how things work after transfering things to your computer first.

Oh, by the way, when you want to share a screenshot, please first click on the icon shown below. That way no one has to download the image and many people will not do that.

link to upload images.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines