Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Participant ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Setup: Folders on a networked drive. Attempting to move JPG and PNG images from a root folder to a sub folder.

1. Launch Bridge
  2. Wait as the list of folders slowly appears, one by one (roughly one per second)
  3. Click on root image folder in the UI
  4. Wait for contents of the folder to SLOWLY populate.
  5. Search online while this happens for means to speed up Bridge
  6. Set preferences to software rendering and not process files over 100MB.
  7. When previews finally load, select four to move to a sub-folder
  8. Drag preview over to the folder list... and wait for the UI to respond... ~30 seconds later (all the while holding the mouse button down to prevent dropping the files in an unknown location), the UI responds by highlighting the destination folder. Release button to move files
  9. Wait for a while
  10. UI finally responds with a progress bar
  11. Wait as Bridge slowly migrates the files
  12. While waiting, head to these forums to post this dissapointed feedback 

What am I doing wrong aside from attempting to use Bridge at all? This is beyond useless and well into the realm of actively hindering work activity. I wanted(ed) to avoid using the OS for managing the images, but considering in the same duration of time it took to migrate the four images above with Bridge, I was able to render thumbnails and move more than two dozen using the OS. 

So, sadly, I will continue to ignore the presence of Bridge. I remember it being the 'go-to' a few years ago for me. It has apparently become bloated, slow, and non-functional for a core feature that I relied on.

If anyone has suggestions on how to drastically improve the performance of this application, I welcome them. In the meantime, Bridge is once again being banished from the taskbar.

System Specs: 

• Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9850H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
  • Installed RAM: 64.0 GB (63.8 GB usable)
  • OS Drive: SSD with 664 GB free
  • Network Drive: 8.9 TB free

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, Bridge is not usable on a networked drive. THAT's the issue.

Bridge has never been engineered to work on Network or Cloud-based systems. It was built for, and is intended for, hard drive access (on your computer, external hard drives, etc.)

I suggest you look for programs that were designed to work on such systems because Bridge is not it.

Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary,

Thank you for the response and the sad confirmation that what I am doing wrong is attempting to use Bridge with my setup.

Solution: uninstall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use Bridge extensively on networked drives and have few problems. HOWEVER there is no way for Adobe to work around server and network issues. I spent years in IT and some networks are a disaster, and even a well-designed network will have performance variations depending on usage and other factors. This is why Adobe doesn't support most network use and it may or may not function well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines