• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Format module cannot parse file

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found a bug in either Bridge or Camera Raw. I open a raw file from Bridge, do my normal adjustments, BUT this one time I used the healing brush to remove a dust spot. And when I did when I clicked Open in Camera Raw to send it to Photoshop I got the message Could not open "_08A7186.CR3" because the file-format module cannot parse the file. I went back to Bridge and right clicked and under Develop Settings I clicked Clear Settings. Then I could open in Camera Raw and open it in Photoshop.

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem too.

It happens when I open a file in Camera Raw, make edits, then click Open (to open in Photoshop).

I noticed, if I click Done instead and right click files individually and click Open with Photoshop, then Open (when Camera Raw pops up)... it'll open fine. 

Although that is a workaround, it kills my workflow having to one by one open files in Photoshop that way when I can usually batch up a bunch and open them all at once into Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Richard Day-Daybreak ,

Thanks for your feedback, we are able to reproduce the issue. Team is investigating the same.

Thanks,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2023 Aug 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an update to this?  Your "able to reproduce" reply was nearly 10 months ago, and I'm still getting it.

Please and thanks!

PS 2022 (23.5.5), the most updated version for my OS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

atsfpb,

What version of camera raw and operating system are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 29, 2023 Aug 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The operating system is 10.15.7 and the amera raw is up to date 15.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact steps are you doing in camera raw 15.5 to generate the message referenced by the title of this thread?

Are you using Camera Raw in Bridge then sending the image to Photoshop or using File>Open in photoshop to get camera raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

these are iPhone "heic" images that I open from Bridge into camera raw.  After mods, when I try to open in PS, I get the message.  However, it is VERY hit & miss.  Seems to depend on the day.  Today, no issues.  When it happens, it is constant.  I have to close PS & Bridge, then cross my fingers.  I have attached a screen shot of the message.  I very much appreciate your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What adjustments in camera raw seem to trigger the error message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff - hmmm.  usual minor picture stuff all the time, but unknown about "what triggers" it.  Sorry that is not more explicit.  As I mentioned earlier, it comes and goes, mostly it is 'gone', but when it comes back, it is on about every picture until I close PS and Bridge, perhaps several times until it leaves again.  The coming and going is very odd to me.  Why not all the time? (rhetorical)  To be clear, I pretty much use the same adjustments all the time.  No changes unlike the very first message in this discussion.

Perhaps crop & minor rotate, as needed, as well as the usual 'basics' white bal, exposure, etc.  I use 'auto' for the basics then massage those settings for what I want.  Nothing unusual at all, and nearly identical every picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe it would be worth resetting the camera raw preferences and if that makes any difference.

under Reset Camera Raw preferences

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines