• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Type Associations in Bridge not updated to 2021

Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per subject, after upgrading Bridge and Photoshop this morning double clicking an image in Bridge caused an error.  Upon investigation I found that the File Type Associations in Bridge had not been updated to 2021.  Indeed, there was no reference to 2021 in the drop-down and the [Reset to Default Associations] button set the named associations to "Adobe Photoshop 2020".

I set them manually.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactley the same problem I was even asked during the upgrade process if I wanted to keep my current preferences, programme obviously ignored me. Pain in thA** 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had this - go to open a file, had to manually find photoshop.exe.  Come on Adobe.

Also finding ACR very sluggish since update, the Pre-release did not have that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. In windows only, but not on my Mac.

I uninstalled Bridge and reinstalled it. This did not fox the issue.

If you go to Preferences / File Type Associations and click Restore Defaults, you will get a message stating this action csan not be completed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the install order has a lot to do with it, especially on windows platforms.

Bridge should be installed first then PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem........this is nothing but a huge mess. I can't get Bridge to open into PS 2021 because the "Open with" is showing two different programs to open up into.......but NOT PS 2021......AND, I can't figure out how to change this and had to change all of the file associations manually because they didn't update. Adobe needs to fix this NOW. Who the heck is in charge of BETA testing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to add that changing the File Associations did absolutely nothing. PS 2021 is not shown as an option under open with, only an old version sof PSE and Faststone Image Viewer.......this is NOT an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you uninstall and reinstall PS 2021

Bridge 11 needs to be installed first, then PS 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines