• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Find function - problem with drop down boxes when adding new criteria

Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, when I add a new line to 'Criteria', the drop down boxes (defaults set at 'filename' and 'contains') don't respond - I can't select anything other than those criteria, so if I want to search on file type etc, I can't. Anybody else encountered this? 

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Hi All,

This issue has been fixed in the latest update of Adobe Bridge which is 12.0.2 Please check this article for more information.

To update Bridge to 12.0.2 click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Bridge 

Click here to see detailed instructions for updating the application 

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, may I ask you a screenshot, please? I am not following you as to which criteria you are writing about. Where should I look in the workspace?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

H_Bert_1_1-1644513798699.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would help to know which version you are using, and on which platform.

I am looking at my Bridge and reproducing your path, but I am not able to find a folder that gives me the same result, my first idea was that maybe it depends on the folder that you are trying to open, but I am dismissing the case on my end.

Have you tried resetting your preferences?

You can do it either from

if on WIN: edit>preferences>general> reset

If on MAC Os: Adobe  preferences>general> reset 

then cache management>purge all local cache

Or

Start bridge:

if on WIN hit: crtl+alt+shift

or if on MAC Os hit: Comm+Option+ shift

Immediately as the application starts. That should activate a Reset settings dialog box

Reset Preferences and Purge All Local Caches 

I know it is a little bit random, but if you haven't tried this yet, it won't harm your application. At worst, you can try to reinstall Bridge, but check the requirements and all that jazz too.

Hope this help, will keep on trying reproducing the error, although I am not seeing the answer right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the problem has been mentioned numerous times.  You can either roll-back to an earlier version, or you can use a workaround whereby you you select the box and then use the arrow key to change the criterion you are wishing to use.  I can't remember who suggested that workaround, but it works for me.  Hopefully the pretend-programmers at Adobe will get around to fixing this in the next couple of YEARS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me just expand on that workaround.  Select the Criteria box you want by clicking on it.  You should see a highlight around that field when you do that.  THEN, use the up or down arrow key to toggle through the values until you find the one you want.  That works for me, but of course it is a PITA.  Better than nothing though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah thanks, that works for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its not a problem for me on multiple computers, both Mac and PC. So you should look at your computer to figure why its not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

Do you really think that your comment "Hopefully the pretend-programmers at Adobe will get around to fixing this in the next couple of YEARS." will motivate the programmers any more to fix this than the simple, obvious need for it to be fixed.

Fortunately I do know that they are professional enough to ignore your snide remark. They have work to do and they are trying to take care of this and other bugs. So, please respect them, and they can respect you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't care Gary.  And I don't care if you're offended on their behalf either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I don't care who gets offended, I say the heck I want to say", is indeed an attitude you are very free to live upon. Out of this community, anyhow, and let me quote you, I don't care if it offends you, just keep comments about people who are not even here to bother about your annoyance out of the conversation.

Sure you have the right to have opinions, but you should also have the wisdow to understand if your opinion is really necessary and in which way you trying to mortify whoever for the sake of doing it, would make you in any way wittier, smart, or even on topic. You choose to be offensive for the sake of being offensive, purposelessly, fact that makes your observation twice that useless. Learn hence the self-dscipline most adults have to not include such comments in the future, this is not the smartest way to interact. 

Nobody here is offended by you, we are annoyed by this immaturity lurking around, it degrades any conversation for no reason at all. Just moderate your tone, Gary was just kindly trying to make you understand such a simple point, I am not quite as diplomatic. If you want to be respected, start by being respectful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You must think you're more special than Gary, but I couldn't care less about your opinion either.  All I care about is getting the functionality in Adobe's software that they claim.  Volunteer, non-employees can do what they want.  The fact of the matter is that you have nothing to offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh lord, you are the only one here who thinks he's special and talks like a jerk. I can't care less about your arrogance, just respect the community and the people around it.

Nobody here cares about who -you- believe you are. If mommy did not teach you how to interact with others and keep a decent tone, it's not my business to take care of it, it is your misery not ours, good luck being you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody cares, move on somewhere else, this question has been answered and you have insulted Adobe programmers and ACPs enough, it gave you nothing. Live with that, and move on. No more to say here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

This issue has been fixed in the latest update of Adobe Bridge which is 12.0.2 Please check this article for more information.

To update Bridge to 12.0.2 click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop application next to Bridge 

Click here to see detailed instructions for updating the application 

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines