• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

___HELP!!!_I thought I was deleting files from my Desktop....turns out it was the server....

Enthusiast ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

___HELP!!!_I thought I was deleting files from my Desktop....turns out it was the server.... Is there anything I can do???

Please help if you can!

Thanks

(worst case scenario - could I get a list of what was deleted?)

TOPICS
How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hugh Betcha,

I have no experience with Servers but can give you something to check in the meantime before someone who does know about them. 

First off though, Bridge was not designed to work with Servers, only drives on the main computer being used. So it's possible that you didn't really delete them. Meanwhile, when Bridge NORMALLY deletes things, they are simply placed in the trash can of your computer, so first things first: check your Trash/Recyling can/bin.

Let us know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks gary_sc, but my Trash can didn't show full or empty (as if it bypassed the trash can)... right now the trash is Empty. I'm using Bridge 2020 on a OS Catalina 10.15.7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear that, that's one thing I was afraid of.

Is there a backup of this folder of stuff from the Server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly, but I honestly don't know what I deleted (!) I thought I was getting rid of files on my hard-drive which were duplicates I had copied from the server over the years, so I didn't really even look at what I was deleting too much... now I don't know what to tell IT....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would start with the truth, it's very hard to resolve issues when the information given is not accurate. What you did was a very understandable mistake.

Besides, if you work for a company that has an IT department, I'd be shocked if they didn't have backups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

....I guess so. Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ask IT to restore back to how things were last night. Then be more careful next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines