Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with Duplicate Files on Shared Server

Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I recently started working for an interior design company that hires outside photographers to shoot their projects. My job, as a marketing director, is to direct the use of these assets in collateral. I want to use Bridge, and by extension libraries, to categorize these Assets and allow third-party consultants to use our photos as needed.

The problem I'm having is that historically these photographers send their assets in a .zip that contains three or four folders with the same photos in the same number of resolutions/file formats. For example, I have a folder for Project A that contains four folders that contain High Res Tif, Medium Res Tif, High Res JPG, and Low Res JPG. 

Is there a way for me to simply import all existing project photography into Bridge without creating duplicates? Or will I need to dive into each of these folders and only import the highest resolution images?

Thanks all!

TOPICS
Batch , How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge doesn't have an import feature. It is a file browser and will show you what is on your drives. You can use search criteria and filtering to find certain groups of assets such as file formats and resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, let me rephrase--my issue is Bridge will display (not import, sorry bad wording) duplicate images in subfolders if I put the parent director in, right? So are you suggesting that I might be able to simply filter (.TIF, resolution over value x, etc.) and I'll be able to narrow it down to just the highest and best resolution images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bridge doesn't know anything about duplicate images. It shows you everything on your drive, period. Its up to you to sort and filter things out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this should be pretty simple: a high-resolution image is larger (greater kb) than a low-resolution image. A tif is also a higher storage image.

So, look at the zip packages and see which one is the largest: that one is the TIF high-resolution images. (I would verify before tossing, but that's just me! :>))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines