• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hidden images in bridge

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where would I go to view the “hidden images” - I use bridge to do all camera raw adjustments before taking to photoshop. I use a card reader & do not download all images on card to bridge. I view from my card but it seems to be hiding images more frequently. How can I access these or resolve them from going in hiding? 🙂 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Here is a screen shot of Bridge and Microsoft's file explorer. This is images that I have on a camera card. There are 90 images, and one XMP file of an image that I made corrections on. You can tell that it as been edited in Bridge due to the edit icon in the upper right of the thumbnail. Bridge shows 1 hidden file - the one that I edited.

Bridge XMP hidden files.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't really download to Bridge. Bridge is just a type of image browser. You download them to your hard drive, which you should do, as camera cards can easily become corupted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to retrieve the “hidden” or does that mean they’re ‘deleted’ in reality? I’m confused with the hidden images and if I am able to retrieve them. Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused by your use of hidden also. So I'm not sure if that mean delete, corrupted, or actually hiddened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

564DF392-3EA0-4B6F-91F5-2C0FFA2E4BDA.jpeg

 Bottom left in bridge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, now it makes sense. If you are viewing and correcting your photos on your camera card, it produces the XMP sidecar file that contains the developing info for your image. Bridge doesn't display them, as there is nothing to display. If you look in a file browser, you will see the xmp files with the same name as your raw files, but with the .xmp extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay. I sound silly. It only changes random images to .xmp files & this is the silly part. Where exactly do I search and can I access from bridge to find those xmp files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The XMP files are only created if you edit a photo in Camera Raw. There is no need to access them. If you transfer your images to another drive - not though Bridge - you would need to copy the xmp files also, or you will loose your edits. If you delete an xmp file, it will revert your image to it's original capture. You really don't want to access those files through Bridge, as they just contain editing infomation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a screen shot of Bridge and Microsoft's file explorer. This is images that I have on a camera card. There are 90 images, and one XMP file of an image that I made corrections on. You can tell that it as been edited in Bridge due to the edit icon in the upper right of the thumbnail. Bridge shows 1 hidden file - the one that I edited.

Bridge XMP hidden files.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are incredible! Answered all questions crystal clear! Thank you SO much!

i guess I was mainly wanting to know 100% it was not storing ANYTHING “hidden” that I had no access to! But this is the answer. Thank you! (It’s mt first year in this journey) :camera_with_flash:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines