• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I deal with duplicate files

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ave searched the help looking for guidance on how to deal with duplicate files - any ideas please.

TOPICS
Batch , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

HI S_K_Marshall,

There is no easy & quick solution to this, very sorry. I'm even more sorry to say that this is "probably" a good thing, because you do not want images automatically tossed as that way you had no input on which version of that image to delete.

That notwithstanding, you didn't mention if you have duplicates in the same folder or differeent folders. If they are in the same folder and if they have a mostly similar name (e.g., myphoto_2213.jpg and myphoto_2213-1.jpg), that's pret

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI S_K_Marshall,

There is no easy & quick solution to this, very sorry. I'm even more sorry to say that this is "probably" a good thing, because you do not want images automatically tossed as that way you had no input on which version of that image to delete.

That notwithstanding, you didn't mention if you have duplicates in the same folder or differeent folders. If they are in the same folder and if they have a mostly similar name (e.g., myphoto_2213.jpg and myphoto_2213-1.jpg), that's pretty easy: look for all of the "-1" and delete them. If they are all over your computer (different folders), than using software like "PhotoSweeper," can help.

However, as you've discovered, Bridge cannot directly help you on this.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2019 Dec 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for taking the time to respond - appreciated Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This answer was over a year ago. If not in Bridge - there must at least be some applications for detecting and removing duplicate (deduping) photos?

Can you suggest the best tools/Apps for deduping photos?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes there are, you might want to check the App Store for your platform (Windows Store or Apple App Store) and see what is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear there are applications to help... I am hoping to receive some recommendations from this forum, rather than the hit and miss of downloading and trying one ap after another.
Mac or PC is fine - whichever has the BEST Ap for efficiently accomplishing the goal.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe try macworld.com and pcworld.com for reviews?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still need it you can try dupeguru, which is on github.com . It does a decent job but you'll want to verify the files before you delete. If you use it be sure to use the "view details" option so you can compare a reference photo to one the one it suggests deleting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry to say but what you say is just totally not helpful. I also have thousand photos that were duplicated while synchronization went bad and truly there should be duplicate finder in the lightroom. saying that it is good that there is no automatic way to do that sounds like - we have no klue how to make this work so good that we didn't do it yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I won't both going into why I have a large number of duplicates, but the number is currently 17,000.  I found an add on app to Lightroom that appears to do a good job of finding duplicates.  It creates a smart collection called duplicates.  The method I am using is to 1) find the original I want to keep and clear the duplicate keyword.  Easy enough.  2) I have to go to the go to the folder in the library so I can delete it.  I tried doing a right click and remove from the smart collection and it won;t let me do that.  

Is there a faster way I can speed up this process?

Mike Bowen

mikebowenpics@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines