• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I restore search function

Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly, I can't get Bridge search function to work. I reset preferences and selected "View-->Show Items From Subfolders" but Bridge displays nothing. I've searched this Forum, but cannot find a solution. Please help. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note: My query relates to Bridge CC2019. Search functions normally in Bridge CC2018. Also, I'm using MacOS Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have two versions of Bridge on your machine? If you do I wonder if that is causing a conflict? After my last round of updates my machine prompted me to grant permission for access to directories like "Photos" on my Mac. Is this perhaps a system/permissions issue?

Screen Shot 2019-02-18 at 3.13.41 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a Mojave-thing. We can have several versions of the same Adobe software; you can opt to keep old versions when updating. Or, delete later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your search bar did you click the downward pointing ">" next to the Spyglass and see what is selected there? That might be a clue as to why you are not getting results, maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the setting in the search tool was set to Adobe Stock, but using the other settings had no effect on the Cmd-F search dialog box. Still no results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are Include All Subfolders and Include Non-Indexed clicked in the find dialog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Please understand that Version 8.x search works properly. So the problem is something with Version 9. Others on this forum also have issues. Now what? Wait for an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your Bridge preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but that didn't fix search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I seem to have solved the problem. I re-launched Bridge, holding the Option key to reset Preferences and Purged the cache. I lost my Workspaces presets. But, search works, now. I had moved the Cache location to an external hard drive to enable other users to access it. I still want to use this location and will try again. But, for now, a search is working with the default cache location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines