• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to close window without quitting app (Mac)

Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally I'll click the red 'X' icon in the top left of the window to hide Bridge, and the app stays open.

However the latest version quits the app... similar to how After Effects treats the close button.

Not exactly the end of the world, but I prefer being able to hide the app like that rather than minimizing the window... is this no longer possible?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Yes, at this point, it is no longer possible. There are rumors that Adobe is relooking at this issue and may return multiple windows. No one knows if or when this will happen.

I suggest you go to https://adobebridge.uservoice.com/ and enter your opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Mac UI convention (for decades, since Classic MacOS) is that single-window apps quit when the window is closed, while multiple-window apps remain running. Obviously the elimination of multiple Bridge windows has been a huge usability change and this is just a side effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, at this point, it is no longer possible. There are rumors that Adobe is relooking at this issue and may return multiple windows. No one knows if or when this will happen.

I suggest you go to https://adobebridge.uservoice.com/ and enter your opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just adding my 2 cents worth... this quitting instead of closing has become the most infuriating change for me. It's so inconsistent with the other Adobe apps I use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I keep trying to remember not to click the red button but do I remember? No. App quits. Drives me nuts. It used to be great and work normally. I pray Adobe can find a way to resolve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac UI convention (for decades, since Classic MacOS) is that single-window apps quit when the window is closed, while multiple-window apps remain running. Obviously the elimination of multiple Bridge windows has been a huge usability change and this is just a side effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines