• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to export metadata to CSV

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking for guidance on the best way to export basic metadata to a .CSV file from Bridge. I don't know anything about command line, so I'm trying to avoid using exiftool, a resource that's been recommended for this issue previously. I'd rather avoid having to teach myself how to troubleshoot an entire additional skillset. 

The big issue I'm running into is my keywords are divided under sub-headings (so it will read Locations > Honduras > Tegucigalpa) and when I try to export using Lightroom, all it picks up is "Locations" with no information further down. I would prefer the export to include subheadings by kind of any means, so if that means it just reads "Tegucigalpa" or it reads the full path, either is fine, I'm just trying to avoid giving myself more work on this export.

Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
How to , Keywords , Metadata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some options here:

https://prepression.blogspot.com/2016/08/extracting-metadata-to-csv.html

Can you go to File > File Info > Raw Data and copy/paste the XML block containing your keywords? It sounds like they are hierarchical, not flat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines