• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to migrate Bridge to new computer

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the latest subscription version of Adobe Bridge CC to catalog, search, and retrieve items from my large collection of digital assets.  I've tailored all the settings to suit my preferences.  I'm moving to a new computer, and I want to doso efficiently, while moving all my settings.  I found good instructions from Adobe on how to migrate Photoshop, but nothing on Bridge.  I've searched online and looked for advice on YouTube.  Nothing.

Does anyone have a set of instructions on how to move Bridge to a new computer, or perhaps a useful link?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Go to your Keywords panel and use the menu in the upper right and export the keywords to plain text file. This should be all you need for importing the keywords, however to be really safe you could copy the XML file.

Other assets may be Bridge scripts that you have installed or perhaps other settings, such as Workspaces, Collections* or Smart Collections* or complex Batch Rename Settings that you would prefer not to recreate from scratch. You should find these in a similar location as the XML fil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2018 Sep 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to your Keywords panel and use the menu in the upper right and export the keywords to plain text file. This should be all you need for importing the keywords, however to be really safe you could copy the XML file.

Other assets may be Bridge scripts that you have installed or perhaps other settings, such as Workspaces, Collections* or Smart Collections* or complex Batch Rename Settings that you would prefer not to recreate from scratch. You should find these in a similar location as the XML file listed above.

* As collections and smart collections are dependent on URI or search information, the underlying XMP data in these text files may need updating on the new system (if there is no way to update them via the GUI).

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows stores a number of Bridge settings in the Registry and the Mac version uses files, so its going to vary considerably by platform if you want a true migration. You can try using a migration tool (Apple has a built-in way to migrate from one computer to another) but the best bet is to just recreate your preferences and settings. Move your startup scripts manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an update which might help others who are moving Photoshop and Bridge to a new computer.   I decided to move my Ps presets, actions and settings, my Bridge keywords and settings, and my fonts between computers using a high capacity USB thumb drive.  It took an afternoon, but the controlled process allowed me to be up and working again without any hitches.

I wrote out a step-by-step record of how I did it, from getting my Ps/Br subscription installed on the new computer to checking the completed transfer.  If anyone would like a copy for themselves, just drop me a personal message with your email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2020 Sep 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious, why wouldn't you just paste that information publicly?   If it's good enough to share with random strangers individually, why not with everyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would appreciate the details that you have created: [Personal email removed by moderator]

Many Thanks

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I would also appreciate the info [Personal email removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a Moderator, please follow Sue's request of a PM (Personal Message), do not leave your personal email on any forum page ANYWHERE. You never know who sees these, Please be cautious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sue, please identify your system as Mac or PC, the transfer routines are (obviously) different and unless you provide both approaches, some folks will not get the full benefit.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just a reminder, Apple has built-in data migration to move all your computer settings to a new computer. I'm not sure if Microsoft has the same features in Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines