• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to restore missing colour profiles to Bridge?

Participant ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to synchronize my CC aps, but key color profiles such as U.S. Sheetfed Coated v2 are missing from my list. Does anyone know how I can restore them into Bridge's Color Settings tool?

thanks

TOPICS
How to , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd say remove and reinstall Bridge with the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically, I would like to restore the CC Color Management Policies' CMYK Working Spaces to the Bridge Color Settings. Right now, only the custom settings I have created over the years are listed in Bridge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figured it out ..

To set up a synchronized color space across all CC apps, first you need to create a custom color setting:

Go to InDesign* > Edit > Color Settings.

I need a color space for sheetfed coated stock, so from the Working Spaces menu, I chose:

RGB: Adobe RGB (1998)

CMYK: U.S. Sheetfed Coated v2

From the Color Management Policies menu, I chose:

RGB: Convert to Working Space

CMYK: Convert to Working Space

I clicked on all the check boxes for Mismatches and Missing profiles.

From the Conversion Options, I chose:

Engine: Adobe (ACE)

Intent: Relative Colormetric

I clicked on the Use Black Point Compensation check box.

Then I saved it as a custom setting by clicking on the Save button in the top right corner of the dialog box. I called it MY SHEETFED COATED.csf.

To synchronize the color Working Spaces for InDesign, Illustrator and PhotoShop:

Go to the Bridge app > Edit > Color Settings. You should see your custom setting in the list. If not, try quitting and restarting Bridge. Select your custom color setting. All of your Adobe CC apps will share the same color information.

*I didn't check, but you can probably do this from PhotoShop and Illustrator as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines