• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Share CC Bridge Libraries on local server

Explorer ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you share Bridge libraries on a local server? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Hi,

You can Export & Import the CC Libraries, from Bridge.

In Bridge, go to Library workspace ->  Libraries Panel Fly out menu (berger icon at top right of panel) -> Export "Library Name" -> Store on Local file server.

Now from other Machine, import the exported Library.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Please see How to view & manage files in Adobe Bridge  for more details.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see an entry for exporting libraries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can Export & Import the CC Libraries, from Bridge.

In Bridge, go to Library workspace ->  Libraries Panel Fly out menu (berger icon at top right of panel) -> Export "Library Name" -> Store on Local file server.

Now from other Machine, import the exported Library.

Thanks,

Deepak Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar / related question.... actually I have two questions:

1) how many libraries will Adobe Bridge CC support?

2) if the local server containing the files/assets is controlled by myself, I can obviously share libraries I create (Export to collaborators) within Adobe Bridge CC; what if someone else on our network creates a library and wants to share it; how do permissions work in that scenario? (my apologies if I am confusing the technology with Adobe Creative Cloud online shared files/assets.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi blastman2013,

Adobe Bridge will show all the libraries present in your account in Bridge.

While sharing Libraries, you can specify the permissions with each user collaborating on the library.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you for your response, and I wish to clarify my question about quantity of Libraries:

I work at a real estate brokerage, and deal with hundreds of real estate listings. In fact my primary function on a daily basis is to update existing or generate new marketing material specific to each listing to assist the brokers. If I were the only person doing so, I may not worry too much about having a method to share or re-purpose the necessary assets etc, except there are now 'junior/assistant' roles employed at our company that have begun to help with this function.

My instinct was to generate a CC library specific to each listing, and share those individually as required, but I'm afraid that's a poor use of libraries? Imagine having dozens of photos, graphics, floor plans, etc., that are specific to each real estate listing, and you'll soon realize we have a collection of nearly 100,000 assets that need to be stored/shared.

I know this type of work truly requires a digital asset management tool, but I also hoped that Bridge could work in a similar way, given that its metadata and keywords could assist greatly with organizing and retrieving it?

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I know this an old post but I'm working in adjacent industry (Interior Design) and am looking to do the same thing with our project photography and floor plans. Did you end up finding a solution? Or did you move to a DAM?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Nope. I do not think there's a snowflake's chance of Bridge ever will work on a server. The investment to do that (in time and engineers) is substantial and to do that properly would require a whole new rewrite of Bridge. At that point, they'd call it a new name. 

My strongest suggestion is to look for a professional solution to this. They are out there, but I cannot recommend one because I've never needed such features and have not worked with any of them.

You might try giving Adobe a call, they do have various "teams" programs and perhaps one of them might be what you need. But I'm guessing at that. Another thought is if you're on LinkedIn, ask there in an appropriate section for what other companies are using. 

Sorry I cannot be of greater assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciated. My next step was too look at the various asset and experience management tools they have available (which appear to be a little TOO powerful for my humble team of three) but we'll see 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe would never invest further development of this feature or lack thereof within Adobe Bridge because they already have an asset management tool called Adobe Experience Manager which is cloud-based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines