• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to Stop Bridge Autocollapsing Panels? Bridge version 9.1.0.338 on Windows 10

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Bridge for many years and only just started seeing this issue with the last update. If I minimize Bridge, or go to another program and come back, it autocollapses all my panels, leaving only the content panel open. Then I have to manually hunt down and drag or double-click out the hot edges to get the panels back. I get everything set up, then have to go do something else and when I come back I have to set the panels up all over again. I HATE this. It is SO annoying...

I have a saved custom workspace, and have gone through all of the preferences and view and window settings and there is nothing to indicate whether you are okay with this autocollpasing behavior, so apparently no way to get rid of it. Am I missing something? Please somebody tell me this is not a "feature" now.

{Thread renamed by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Its a issue with the third party drivers that are re engineered to work with the different vendors laptops.

Call your laptop vendor. Have them fix the issue.

I have a Dell XPS and it does the same thing.

Standard video drivers don't cause this issue.

Its not going to be fixed EVER.

Its not Adobe's issue. 

Moderator its time to close this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this suggestion. I tried it and it did not fix the issue. As with changing the scaling within the Bridge app itself, when I change the scaling in Windows to 125% it makes everything very small and hard to read, and it does not fix the problem with the autocollapsing panels except to make one panel stay open on the right hand side, with only a fraction of the panel actually showing. Same thing at 100%. No change of scaling size seems to fix this, whether performed in Bridge itself, or in the Windows OS. I appreciate your efforts to help with this, though! I'm pretty sure it's a bug. Not all bugs will materialize in all use cases. I guess that's why there are QA teams. 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not  the case here.  This behavior has persisted through three installations (two clean reinstalls) over the past year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm having the same issue with Bridge, I'm using a Dell Xps 15 9570 with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050. I hope you can find a solution soon cause it's pretty annoying.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same exact issue using an XPS 15 4k monitor. Super annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. 

Dell XPS 15 7590
4k UHD OLED
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB GDDR5

Intel i9-9980HK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that a miracle has occurred.  The latest version of Bridge, 10.0.4.157 is no longer plagued by this issue on my XPS 15.  I hope the same is true for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the issue with the version 10.1.0.163, from july 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems this thread is still active because this issue has not been resolved. Its a pity its been a year since Sahil apparently started work with the engineers (which is hard to believe).

I am experiencing this issue and it is incredibly frustrating and would be great if Adobe could fix it.

I also will not screen record it because it seems that most the other posters have recordings consistent with my own experience.

I did try and make a custom workspace but when minimised it closes both the favourites and preview panel and then goes onto overwriting the custom workspace. So I have to set the workspace up again and then switch to essentials or filmstrip to prevent it from overwriting.

It would be nice for the software to work as advertised.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, this problem was fixed for me in Oct. 2019, and appears to be the case for others, too.  Are you updated to the latest version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I'm on the latest version and it's still happening. 

Did you do something to fix it or was it just an update that fixed it for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was just an update.  Nothing that I did that I'm aware of.  I hope something corrects it for you.  It's an annoying problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, and this is a new issue for me having just installed Adobe on a brand new HP laptop. Old one doesn't do this. Second day and already driving me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me all the time too, it is so annoying, it just won't stop doing it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a issue with the third party drivers that are re engineered to work with the different vendors laptops.

Call your laptop vendor. Have them fix the issue.

I have a Dell XPS and it does the same thing.

Standard video drivers don't cause this issue.

Its not going to be fixed EVER.

Its not Adobe's issue. 

Moderator its time to close this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

calm down buddy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found that disabling the High DPI settings fixes the problem of auto collapsing panels.   Right click Bridge.exe > Compatibility > Change High DPI settings, set it to "System".   The problem is that the App now looks fuzzy (not 4k).  It is a workaround, but this still needs a fix.

I am using:

• Bridge version 12.0.0.234
  • 4k LG monitor
  • 200% Windows Scaling
  • Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS build 19042.1288
  • Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines