• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't open TIFF and JPG files into Photoshop

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, in the past two hours I haven't been able to directly open up a .tiff or .jpg file into Photoshop from Bridge. Just two hours ago I was opening them right into Photoshop. When I right click on an image in Bridge the only option to open a .tiff or .jpg is opening it into Camera Raw first. There is no option to open those file types directly into Photshop. Any clue why this is would happen all of sudden?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I failed to include this part: when I do double-click on an .tiff image in Bridge it opens up in my Snip and Sketch program, where just a couple of hours ago it was opening into Photoshop. Weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Woodytwo,

here's the deal with the jpg: at some point you opened up that jpg into ACR and made an adjustment. Once you've done that you HAVE to  open that file in ACR before opening it in Photoshop. If you try that on a jpg that you've not  worked on ACR prior, than that should open directly into PS. 

as far as the tif image, something got messed up with your links. I suggest you trash your Bridge's preferences. To do that quit Bridge then testator while pressing the Shift-Option-Command keys. When a window pops up asking if you want to replace the preferences, click yes. 

let us know what happens 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, gary_sc, thanks for the help. Unfortunately, I don't know what you mean by "testator." Not sure what to do after quiting Bridge. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, so never mind. I must have gone through a wormhole and come out on the other side. Everything is -- for whatever reason -- hunky dory now. The Open with option in Bridge now has Photoshop available, and I'm now able to double click on a TIFF and have it open in Photoshop, and not that stupid Snip program. I have no clue what that was all about. I changed nothing, made no changes to preferences, nothing. It just quit doing what it was doing. The only thing I can chalk this up to is some recent slowness and weirdness in the Cloud, PS, and Bridge. Regardless, thanks for the help gary_sc!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines