• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I lost an entire folder and its contents after dragging the folder in Bridge to the favorites column

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost an entire folder and its contents after dragging the folder in Bridge to the favorites column. The contents of the folder are suddenly empty. Can I get the files back somehow?

Have sombody a solution, pleas?

TOPICS
Bug , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This falls into the "that makes no sense" category which often means that something is screwy with the folders or preferences in Bridge and/or in your computer. 

Do let us know what your OS (and what release) you are using.

Things to try: 

1) if you happen to know a name of any of the files, do a search for the files on your computer. If you do not know a name, try the date of the file(s) and the suffix (e.g., "jpg").

2) Rebuild the cache of that folder (go to the Tools menu -> Cache -> Purge cache for "xxx" folder" Or go to -> Cache -> Manage Cache -> and select the bottom option: "Purge all local cache files"

3) Restart your computer.

I do not believe that the order of these steps would make a bit of difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the newest imac 24. Version 11.5.1 Mac OsBig sur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find some files by name from a serach in finder.

But i don't still an entry to the whole map.

The rebuilding of that folder must i do that in finder or in Bridge?

Thanks a lot Gary!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

OK, that also tells me that you're working with the M1 chip on your Mac, just to let you know that Bridge is not yet working native with the M1 and that you're relying upon Rosetta 2. Reports have been mixed about Bridge and Rosetta 2 but this is definately wierd and wrong.

The rebuilding should be done in Bridge, Finder does need or require rebuilding.

When you found some of the images, did you trace them back to where they are in the Finder? That "should" show you the entire contents of that folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Gary mentioned - you need to look at your folder in Finder - I'm sure everything is there - as he said, what you described can't happen. 

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines