• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

In Bridge 14.1.1 i cannot rate or label foto`s, only the folders.

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Bridge 14.1.1 i cannot rate or label foto`s, only the folders. In ACR it works fine. (on Mac m1)

IMG_0731.jpeg

IMG_0732.jpeg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aba13051553 

I've moved your post from Using the Community to the Bridge forum.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @aba13051553, there are a couple of things that might be going on here. One, I can dismiss right off: since you can rate folders and not files, that says to me that it's not a permission issue (an Apple issue). But, I do have to ask: are you using a mouse to click on the ratings or are you using a keyboard command? If so, are you using on the keyboard numbers or keyboard numbers and the Command key (example: Command + 3)

If the Command key PLUS numbers work and you'd prefer to use just numbers, if you need help in making that change, check out this short video I posted on YouTube: 

https://youtu.be/g0PO-rnn0uE

Let us know if this works and if it doesn't please provide more specifics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for the quick response,
Whatever I try with or without the command key, mouse or keyboard (wireless or with a cable), it remains the same.
I now use the rating on an intel macbook pro and then the ratings are recognized on the mac mini M1. Only the coloured labels from the macbook become white on the mac mini M1...
It is already very annoying,

Greetings, Ab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, regarding the mouse/keyboard rating, have you purged the cache for that folder? Please try that (from the Tools menu). I'm not sure about this, but it's worth a try.

Do you have any other annoying interactivity with files from one folder to any other folder? That is, if you have a folder on your computer, does it work the same or differently if it's on an external drive? Do all the files open the same way. Do image thumbnails reflect the changes made after enhancing an image.

Let me address the "white" you're seeing. Please coordinate the names of your labels. If you have the "red" label identified as "Important" on one computer and "special" on the other, you'll get "white" when you view a label on the other computer, but the correct color on the computer that you placed the label on.

For reference, here is the default labeling. If you rename them to have these names, the problem will go away. If you only used one computer, it would not be an issue, and you could call them anything you want. But either way, you need to have the same name for each color (and I'm pretty sure it doesn't HAVE to be the default name).

2024-07-02_13-04-51.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Gary

Both computers communicate via a Sonology NAS, so everything is mirrored on both computers.

I have purged the cache  for the simalar folder on both computers, no result, i have to rate and label on the macbook and than it shows on the mac mini, see the picture. I must make any changes on the macbook...

The labeling is renamed and identical to both computers, including the settings.

I tried with the default settings as you suggested, but the result is the same...

Thanks for your time, I appreciate it!

Before i forget, it worked...

Ab Arends

IMG_0733.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @aba13051553 ,

Please check the "Labels and Ratings" configuration on both of your systems.

You can check the same unders Preferences (command + K) -> Labels and Ratings -> Label options. 

White label issue should get resolved once you make this configuration same on both of your machines.

Regards,

Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2024 Jul 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the problem with the color of the labels has been solved, but not yet why I cannot rate and label on the Mac mini. I reinstalled Sonoma, remove Bridge and installed an old version, the problem remains... Greetings Ab Arends

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aba13051553 

Can you try renaming one of the files to remove the leading underscore and see if that fixes the issue?

Also, instead of taking a blurry photo of your computer screen, try taking a screenshot. Here are two links from Apple support:

Shortcuts: https://support.apple.com/en-us/102646
Screenshot app: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/take-a-screenshot-mh26782/mac

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane, i couldn't take a screeshot because I wanted to take both computers in one photo. The photo was too large and was not accepted. Unfortunately, a film was not successful…How can I upload a video?

I renamed a few photos without the underscore, no result…

thanks for thinking, Ab Arends

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aba13051553 

What happened when you removed the leading underscore?

Click the mountain and sun button at the top of a reply window.

janee_0-1720214726819.png

Select Choose Files

janee_2-1720214876667.png

And upload the video

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2024 Jul 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI made a video where the folders can be labeled and starred, but the photos INSIDE the folders cannot. It doesn't matter what the extension of the photo is, hopefully this will be of some use to you, greetings, Ab Arends

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

I now can upload a video, but sadly the problem remains.....

Hope you have a solution, or a at least a reply that you don`t now, but an advice to ask somewhere else!

Greating, Ab Arends

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @aba13051553 ,

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you please share the sample file/files on which you are observing the issue at sharewithbr@adobe.com and mention this thread.

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines