• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign thumbnail preview missing in Bridge

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgive me if I am wrong but I am sure that an InDesign file used to have a preview thumbnail in Bridge. But now it is just and InDesign icon. Very frustrating... Is there a way to get the thumbnail preview back?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Old post but if anyone is still looking for the answers, there's a few options on this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1341497​ (essentially go to Bridge preferences > Cache > "Purge all cache" OR/AND Bridge preferences > Thumbnails > where it says "Do not process files larger than xxx MB", enter a larger number (my default was 5000mb).

The above didn't work for me but Ronald Keller's solution above did:
When saving an InDesign file, make sure the "Always Save Preview Images with Documents

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about recent versions but in my older CS3 version you need to specify to save with preview. Maybe those files saved without that option ticked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... I have found this box and ticked it... but that hasn't made any difference

"Always save preview images with documents" first page...

Do you know I " specify to save with preview"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But did you actually resave the document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Richard,

Can you please purge cache for the files and check if the preview comes up.

In case you still face issue, please let us know.

Regards,

Abhishek Seth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2018 Apr 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Old post but if anyone is still looking for the answers, there's a few options on this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1341497​ (essentially go to Bridge preferences > Cache > "Purge all cache" OR/AND Bridge preferences > Thumbnails > where it says "Do not process files larger than xxx MB", enter a larger number (my default was 5000mb).

The above didn't work for me but Ronald Keller's solution above did:
When saving an InDesign file, make sure the "Always Save Preview Images with Documents" is ticked. Mine wasn't for some files!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines