Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Adobe Bridge still free to download?

Community Expert ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody!

I have a question about Adobe Bridge and the subscription. Since some years I teach photo archive and when Bridge became free to download, I use that as my main tool in the classrooms.

The classes I started two weeks ago told me that they had a warning their trial is about to expire and they have to subscribe. But isn't Bridge free to download? Why are they required to subscribe? Have I missed something these months?

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Hi All,

Adobe Bridge is not completely free. There are certain scenarios that require you to have a subscription to use specific features in Adobe Bridge.

For example; If you want to open a raw file in the Camera Raw plugin through Bridge to make edits on it, you'll get an error saying "Camera Raw editing is not enabled". It requires a qualifying product on the computer (like Photoshop) to access the Camera Raw Plugin. This means If you do not have a subscription for Photoshop, then you won't be a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Bridge CC is still free.

It could be that Adobe started a free trial for every CC tool when they first downloaded Bridge (i.e., via the CC Desktop app), and the email notifications are automatic on that.

If you want to just get Bridge on its own, then you can use the direct download link instead. For more details, see:

It’s True: Adobe Bridge CC Is Completely Free for Everyone, for Life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still true with the new 2018 release (version 9.0)?  The Bridge 'what's new' page is now saying:

Bridge now provides a new sign-in and sign-out model that aims to deliver a secure, modern, and seamless application licensing experience. When you launch Bridge, a sign-in window prompts you to log in with your Adobe ID and password. If you are already signed in using your Adobe ID from a Creative Cloud application, the sign-in window does not appear and the same login credentials are used.

To sign out and exit Bridge, choose Help > Sign Out. Once you sign out from Bridge, you will be signed out from all Adobe applications installed on your system.

To me, that implies that Bridge can no longer be used without a CC license,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not free any longer!

FWIW, I just tested this and Bridge will no longer work unless you have a CC license.

I downloaded the new Bridge 9.0.  Then then signed out of my CC account and started the new Bridge.  It brought up a 'sign-in to CC' log-in screen.  When I closed the log-in screen without entering my credentials, Bridge just closed down.

Yet another promise that Adobe isn't keeping? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if it works if one has a free Creative Cloud account like when someone creates an account to do a trial of a creative cloud application like photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to worry, the new version of Bridge CC is definitely still free - it's just that a login is now required for everyone, even for the free level of Creative Cloud membership.

(This may not be obvious to you since you are a paid subscriber, but that's the scoop.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow.  I had no idea.  This looks like a new option.  Looks like a very good deal.  Thanks for clarifying the situation.  Guess my earlier comment was a bit over the top

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome; glad to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an evidence from Adobe itself?
Some support rep says a premium plan is required, some says the free plan is ok, very confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, Adobe Bridge is no longer free. I seemed to have missed the boat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, it's still free. 

You do have to have an Adobe account (free) and you do have to install Adobe Creative Cloud (free), but then you can download it for free.

What you can do with Bridge all by itself: see the various files in your media folder. You can look at your images, rate them, label them, rename them, etc. Unless you have a copy of Photoshop on your computer you cannot look at any raw image. You cannot enhance any image (becuase you do not have Photoshop nor Adobe Camera Raw (becuase you do not have Photoshop installed. Bridge, by itself will not work with Photoshop Express, you need the full version of Photoshop and can obtain that by one of the many Photoshop Plans. [https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then, it is not "free". Just now, in order to post the comment, I had to update my Adobe account and provide yet additional personal information -- just to post this comment. Yes, I've had and account for many years but stopped logging in many years ago, when Adobe went all "cloud" based. So, Adobe requires me to supply it with an abundance of personal and usage information in order to use Brdige. In legal terms that means it is NOT FREE. Adobe requires me to give up something in exchange for using Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It requires a FREE account. I'm certain that Adobe's lawyers have vetted that requirement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe Bridge CC 2019 free of charge?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe so. You can't do any correction, like in Camera Raw, unless you have a subscription for other Adobe products, but you can use it as a browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“It’s True: Adobe Bridge CC Is 100% Free for You to Download & Use“

https://prodesigntools.com/free-adobe-bridge-cc.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Lightroom and Bridge are free to download and use but have feature limitations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lumigraphics​,

Actually, Bridge CC does not have any feature limitations for anyone, ever... It is free for everyone, always.

If you want to edit in Adobe Camera Raw (or Lightroom), then that is feature-restricted without a paid CC plan. But that is not Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR is integrated with Bridge and most people won't make a distinction. If I use a built-in menu command that doesn't work because I am on the free version, that's a feature limitation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, ACR is integrated with Photoshop as well. So it is separate and seems an important distinction. Thus the only menu item in Bridge that works differently with a paid CC subscription is File > Open in Camera Raw...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Adobe Bridge is not completely free. There are certain scenarios that require you to have a subscription to use specific features in Adobe Bridge.

For example; If you want to open a raw file in the Camera Raw plugin through Bridge to make edits on it, you'll get an error saying "Camera Raw editing is not enabled". It requires a qualifying product on the computer (like Photoshop) to access the Camera Raw Plugin. This means If you do not have a subscription for Photoshop, then you won't be able to use the Camera Raw plugin through Adobe Bridge. Please check this link to know more about this: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/camera-raw-editing-not-enabled.html

For more information on Adobe Bridge please have a look at this featured community post: What is Adobe Bridge and who it is for now?

Centralize Your Creative Assets with Adobe Bridge | Adobe Creative Cloud

Hope this info helps.
Regards,
Sahil

Adobe Bridge is a powerful and free creative asset manager that allows anyone with an Adobe ID to preview, organize, edit, and publish multiple creative assets quickly and easily. Edit metadata. Add keywords, labels, and ratings to assets. Organize assets using collections, and find assets using ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So people without a premium plan is allowed to use Bridge except those features?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm wondering if I download the latest free version of Adobe Bridge, will it conflict with the CS5 Adobe software that I have installed (including Bridge)?  My CS5 Bridge does not have the Create a Web Photo Gallery option and that's what I'm seeking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Newzlady,

I have bad news for you, Bridge has not had the "Create a Web Photo Gallery" for many many years so if you did get the latest version of Bridge (that may or may not work on the computer you are using but also would probably not work with your copies of Photoshop or any other software you have), it would also not have the ability to make Web Galleries either. 

You might try looking for other software that can do that. I'm sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Newzlady,

Bridge CS5 should have a Web Gallery under Output, albeit only the HTML Gallery is of any use now, since Flash has been removed from all recent internet browsers.

(Window>Workspace>Output)

If in Bridge you go to Help>About Bridge, what version does it say?

gall1.pnggall2.pnggall3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines