Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is Bridge still free?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

This question was answered 5 months ago, but since that time Adobe has made considerable changes (eg. Lightroom now requiring a CC subscription).

I'm wondering:  is Bridge still free?

I understand that one may be required to register for CC and install the CC application.  But those things can be done without paying anything (ie. for free).  Are these things sufficient to download and run Bridge?  Or beyond a trial period, to continue to use Bridge, does one have to be subscribed to some CC product for which there are the monthly fees?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Free. Be sure to download it only from the Adobe site.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Bridge CC is still free.

You can use the direct download link. For more details, see:

It’s True: Adobe Bridge CC Is Completely Free for Everyone, for Life

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply and what seems to be good news.  I did see that link from the previous answer 5 months ago.  AFAICT it's an 2015 article with a lot of information, comments continuing through 2017, and then something that links to 2018 links Adobe CC 2018 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2018 Release

The 2018 does not address the current status of the new Bridge.

The net result for me is some remaining confusion... I also can not test, since I'm already a paying CC member (but need to know about the Bridge free status for various reasons).

Just seeking clarification: 

The latest and greatest version is free (although rare, Bridge updates are so far free)? 

BTW, I downloaded the 2018 Bridge installer for Mac from the direct link above, it ran, and takes me right back to what I already had installed via CC.  This doesn't tell me much given that I can't test the free option(s).  And strangely, the installer actually ran (that much was clear), but my settings and such remain, and the same version I was running runs.  Installer seems to have just re-installed the Bridge binary(s).  This isn't the best behavior- I'd rather see a message saying already installed, with an option to run the installer again or abort- but whatever.  It does raise questions about how a standalone install versus a CC will behave across any updates, though.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free. Be sure to download it only from the Adobe site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bridge is still free – but of the Bridge CC 2019 release in October, it just requires a login...

However, anyone can create an Adobe ID and still use Bridge with the free level of Creative Cloud membership.

If you prefer to use Bridge without any sign-up or log in, then you can continue with the older Bridge CC 2018 release instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines