• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to see keywords by by folder in the filter panel?

Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pretty much use Bridge for one task: sorting through and previewing assets I have collected into a single folder. The folder in question has tens of thousands of items, all of which are meticulously tagged with keywords. The hundreds of keywords are sorted into folders and subfolders so I can find the keyword I need quickly.

But the problem is if I want to see everything tagged with a specific keyword, the fastest way to do this seems to be to filter the folder by that keyword. However, if I go to the filter panel and sort by keyword, it lists every single one of my hundreds of keywords alphabetically, regardless of whether those keywords are in subfolders. This means that if I want to look at every file tagged "owl," I have to scroll through hundreds of keywords to reach O. (Instead of going in the Keywords panel to Animals>Birds>Owl, right-clicking, and hitting Find.)

Another issue might be if I don't quite remember what the keyword is. My keyword structure might be Animals>Mammals>Goats and Sheep. But in the Filter panel, I might forget whether I called the tag "Goats and Sheep" or "Sheep and Goats," resulting in more wasted time while I either scroll through the huge filter keywords list twice or go to the keywords panel, look up what I called the keyword, and then go back to the Filter panel to scroll through for the correct tag.

It seems like it would make a lot of sense for the Filter by Keywords section to simply list my keywords by folder and subfolder instead of alphabetically without a file structure. Is this possible?

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Keywords

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2022 Sep 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@justaddorangejuice – Look into Edit > Find... With a criteria of keyword and the required value. Multiple criteria can be chained together using the + sign.

The keywords panel will then be dynamically limited by the keyword search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, that's what I've been doing. The problem is that doing a Find takes much longer than using the Filter function, a couple minutes, and I have to open a new window for the Find each time because otherwise when my search is done it will have to reload the folder again, which can take several minutes. Filtering the giant folder by keyword takes a couple seconds, except I still spend a minute trying to find the right keyword since the keywords aren't organized in the Filter panel.

Maybe I'll just suggest it as a feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines