• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a “Delete Cropped Pixels" uncheck option in Bridge?

Contributor ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When making TIFF files from a Camera Raw files in Bridge is it possible to not delete the cropped pixels (so that the resulting TIFF file can be re-cropped when opened in Photoshop), or can this only be done by first making the TIFF file and then, when open in Photoshop, unchecking “Delete Cropped Pixels” when cropping? Thx.

TOPICS
Camera RAW , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

When you open as a TIFF, try opening as a Smart Object then you should be able to go back to ACR and recrop.

When you then save, you should have your file saved as a smart object.

You can set your workflow to do that automatically from Bridge :

Edit > Camera Raw Preferences > Workflow

and check the box "Open in Photoshop as Smart Objects"

Your ACR buttons at the bottom should then have the default option "Open Object" rather than just "Open"

That may help to get you to where you would like to be!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you open your RAW files in Adobe Camera Raw (the plugin access directly from Bridge, not the filter in Photoshop), you can crop to your heart's content without losing any pixels. You may uncrop or recrop at any time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I can crop and re-crop as I please when opeing a RAW file in Bridge ACR. However, what I'm asking which I may not have made clear, is if I crop a RAW file in Bridge ACR and Save as a TIFF, when I open that TIFF file in Photoshop can I then re-crop larger? Ordinarily, when I make a TIFF file from Bridge ACR, I've lost the original pixels which weren't included in my RAW ACR crop. I hope this makes sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open as a TIFF, try opening as a Smart Object then you should be able to go back to ACR and recrop.

When you then save, you should have your file saved as a smart object.

You can set your workflow to do that automatically from Bridge :

Edit > Camera Raw Preferences > Workflow

and check the box "Open in Photoshop as Smart Objects"

Your ACR buttons at the bottom should then have the default option "Open Object" rather than just "Open"

That may help to get you to where you would like to be!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi and thanks, this worked, appreciate your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines