• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It's 2022 and Adobe Bridge still won't launch with Mac Big Sur, Monterey?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2022 Feb 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried downlaoding older version of Bridge and got it work after many attempts and opening with Command, Option, Shift resets  But when I have to restart my computer it wont launch after many attempts and I even tried the newest Bridge and scared to upgrade my Big Sur 11.3.1 (20E241) to newest Monterey 12.2.1 Does any one have issues with Adobe Creative Apps and Monterey?
I really need bridge to work for me. Would appreciate it if any one can help...

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CZ,

I'm running Bridge v. 12.0.1.246 right now with Big Sur so it is possible. (And I know people who are running Monterey with no issues so that should be possible as well.)

Look, I'd like you to try something here: please go to https://www.northernsoftworks.com and download Monterey Cache Cleaner. [Monterey Cache Cleaner will work with previous Mac OSs but older ones will not work on OSs that were not around when that version was made.]

While there is a nominal fee for this application, it has a ten day free trial.

Go the the Maintenance tab, and select "All" in the upper right corner, then click on "Run" in the middle right. Let it do it's thing, it may take a while. Then go to the Cache Cleaning tab, select "Medium Cleaning," and check all three boxes underneath that (Local, System, and Users Cache). 

Once done, restart your system. Now try to open Bridge.

Let us know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bit odd to pay for it and get an email from sales dept that it can take up to a day to get serial number!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use it now, just run it in trial mode, all features are availble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 2.59.02 AM.png

Not sure what to do I tried to run clean cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Bridge running on two Monterey Macs and it has worked fine on both under Big Sur as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up hiring a techi whch took an hour and cost $100  Bridge crashed because it was using to much ram to open because it communicates with adobe for updates and other reasons (you can see what's going on in your actvity log) Removing cache is not going to help it. He helped me clean up my system with extra software I didn't need also.  So now it's running.  At a further date I will install Monterey and the new update Adobe Software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLVED!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CZ, I'm delighted to hear your problem is solved.

Just out of curiosity, how much RAM do you have? It's important for others to know as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I have 64 GB now, will upgrade soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you recommend to buy Ram?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have 64GB of RAM you are likely already maxxed out. Bridge does NOT need anywhere near that to run, I use it in production on a machine with 8GB (Windows 10) and two with 16GB (MacOS Monterey.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's what he fixed because it was using over 100% of my ram to open for about 40 sec then it goes to normal. Sorry I am not a techie so don't understand it that much......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have trouble with Bridge "using too much RAM" as well (I also have 64GB). Quite often I have to force quit Adobe Bridge, restart the computer, and then launch it as the first app to launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try just waiting instead of force quit, I hired someone to help and he adjusted something but then just had to wait while it adjused the ram it was using. I finally upgraded to Monterey using updated adobe apps and not having that issue anymore. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines