• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywords and SEO

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do keywords applied in bridge translate to SEO keywords for google?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi barrym,

Bridge keywords are stored locally with your file and do not get carried over along with other metadata with the image once it is uploaded to any website. Search engine optimization is done at the website itself by assigning the keywords at that level.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it's a shame would have saved me some time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2022 Dec 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh, I wish they had made it easier to use. Bridge is probably the worst Adobe product I’ve used. That’s why the best local seo service doesn’t use it, and now I understand them. We’ve been working with them for a really long time, but I’ve never known why they never use Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, there  is a lot to criticize about Bridge, but your idea of keywords is unrelated to keyword-usage in Search Engine optimization. Apples and pears.

Keywords in image management help you group content that is comparable in some way. That's their only job.

Keywords in SEO apply to textual content mostly. There used to be a property called Meta Keywords. One could add related terms to web-pages to help Search Engines identify what this content is about. This property is long obsolete and no longer used by Google and other major search engines. Adding Meta Keywords today is a waste of time, if your SEO service tells otherwise, look for someone else.

It's rather the job of your text content to use relevant keywords  – as you will mainly rank with text. If you want your images to rank in image-search, make sure to give them helpful file names and Alt-Text. Also use structured data for images.

Bridge has good tools to name your assets. The remaining Image-SEO tasks have to take place in your CMS of choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2022 Dec 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, they’ve made exporting the keywords from bridge easier ///

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I’d like to help Adobe make it real too. Just tell us what to do. Btw, thanks for the seo service rec

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This thread demonstrates just one thing: ignorance of how SEO works. Bridge could not work better for SEO. The biggest lever for Image-SEO is giving helpful names to image files. The last post by Alon... is spam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines