Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Killing ACR with the new interface 😟

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To all the ACR developers , I hope this post will be read by you :

If you wanted to “kill” ACR - you did the right move- I am a very heavy user ( and a teacher) of ACR since day 1. I am sadly realized today that this new version makes my workflow double time (and not beacause of "getting use״  to the new version reason)

There are so many “shortcuts” that are now missing , if you are using the ACR with multiply images editing - your workflow is taking double time as I wrote.
I will give you 2 case samples (2 of many more) :
1- selective brush use to have “+” and “-“ on each editing slide. Now it’s missing. This effecting 3 slowing down issues-
A- you cant “jump” In the slide by clicking +/-.
B- If you go to next image, the slide is reset automatically. You can’t use the Same brush As you used in the previous image editing. This is BIG BIG BIG hassle !!! If you want to edit the with same Brush setting – you need to reset and adjust the brush. if you need to do the same editing on next image – you just can’t
C- clicking on +/- in the slide was resetting all other slides, Except the slide you clicked on. That was very efficient if you had to use many editing brash. Now you need to reset it on the reset button Or choose “new” brush but it reset ALL the slides which is SIGNIFICANTLY slowing down the workflow.

Second BIG issue with multi images editing is that in pre version you could scroll up/down to the next image in the by clicking keyboard Arrows even if you worked on crop tool. Now you just can’t. arrows are moving the image (crop for example) instead of going farther to the next image editing. Again, it’s so big workflow hassle.
There are many more slowing workflow issues , that so many heavy users like I am, consider alternative editing software.

as wriiten- If you ment to “kill”ACR- you did the right move!

Today I am very sad and annoyed

TOPICS
Camera RAW

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree... I don't like this lightromm style interface, but I can accept it.

But there are also bugs with perspective control. I can't deliver a job becouse of that.

and...

You can't right click and zoom 66, 100, 200%,

You cant scroll photos with mouse wheel

Selecting few photos (shift+click) you may click the export icon

WHAT ARE YOU DOING????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it is a great surprise. The whole thing is really slow. Certainly, nothing was improved by the Adobe group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually if you R-click on the image in ACR you can zoom to what ever level you want .

If its not happening your preferences may have to be reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  The same applies to the crop tool as to the brush tool.  Obviously no-one had this beta-tested with real world volume photographers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having had some feedback from at least one beta tester, that would certainly seem to be the case...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing your concerns. Camera RAW has a different forum that is managed by the Camera RAW team. We request you to post this concern there. The link for it is: https://community.adobe.com/t5/camera-raw/bd-p/camera-raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't care either way about the UI changes. I want them to fix the bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines