Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LongPath name problems

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am simply very annoyed.

I have legitimate Adobe Bridge 11.0.1.109 and Photoshop 22.3.0 installed on a fully up to date Windows 10 PC and and have encountered the file name problem and have followed the Adobe instructions in respect of enabling "Long Path" in Reg.Editor ~ ~ ~ it worked for a while but has now stopped and I can no longer view my picture fles in Bridge and can only view them in Photoshop with difficulty after unpredictable behaviour in Photoshop.

What the hell is going on and when do I get financial recompense for the purchase of the Adobe products I have purchased and compensation for them not working ?

All I want is damned software that works for my Photographic Hobby especially within the current Covid-19 restrictions.

TOPICS
Bug , Camera RAW , How to , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need more detail, I have never heard of the issue you are complaining about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What more detail do you want ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you go into the Local Group Policy Editor, in the left-hand pane, drill down to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Filesystem. On the right, find the “Enable win32 long paths” item and double-click it.

Oh and by the way its a MS Windows OS restriction.

Has nothing to do with Adobe products.

Go complain to them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines