• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for a replacement for FLICKr for photography classes. BRIDGE?

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Tech College educator who has been Using FLICKR for online class photosharing among my students for many years. [The things I like are:
-the ability to provide CRITIQUE in the shared online environment,
-the ability for all the EXIF data to be automatically uploaded for technical critique,
-and the ability to add some background info to the images on upload easily.

While I do love Flickr, I am wondering if the ADOBE ecosystem has anything similar?
I'd like to get away from certain aspects of Flickr, and have a solution that the students can use free (note: they all purchase Creative Cloud as a part of the program).

Could BRIDGE be used in a way similar to Flickr for free?

TOPICS
Camera RAW , Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Hi, @phampete, sadly, probably not.

For the primary reason, Bridge is intended to be used on a computer and any connected hard drives. That leaves out any network action, cloud action, and even NAS drives can have issues. Since you want to share the images and have everyone access the files and the file's data, Bridge, will not do all that.

Sadly, I do not have any guesses as to what possible software can do that. I can only suggest you contact other teaching professionals and ask them what

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2024 Mar 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, @phampete, sadly, probably not.

For the primary reason, Bridge is intended to be used on a computer and any connected hard drives. That leaves out any network action, cloud action, and even NAS drives can have issues. Since you want to share the images and have everyone access the files and the file's data, Bridge, will not do all that.

Sadly, I do not have any guesses as to what possible software can do that. I can only suggest you contact other teaching professionals and ask them what software they use that matches your needs. 

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines