• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Manual sort is NOT maintaining the sort order

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems since today's update, the sort order is not sticking when I do a manual sort.

It may stick for a while, but then will unstick.

The version is 13.0.0.562, Windows 11.

TOPICS
Bug , Metadata , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, manual sort is not lasting and files are randomly displayed. Very frustrating when you have filders with many files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manual sort has never been robust and easily falls apart. The only long-term solution is to rename the files so the order will always be maintained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manual sorting has ALWAYS worked in previous versions of Bridge (I've been using Bridge for more than 15 years), never had any problems with this feature. Only with this version the manual sorting is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same here. The manual sorting does not remain when the app is restarted. Prevents linking to proven workflows. This has worked with all previous versions for almost 20 years! Why is something like that released?

(monterey 12.6 / M1Pro)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, does stick between restarts or going from folders in Favorites panel.... really enoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Habe das gleiche Problem (Bridge 13.0 / iMac Retina 5K): Die manuelle Sortierung geht immer wieder verloren. Beim Umschalten auf eine andere Sortierung, z.B. nach Dateiname,  dann wieder zurück auf manuell, stimmt wieder alles, aber nervig ist es trotzdem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The automatic sort is also failing to work properly: See my post about folder order in Bridge 2023.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues since I upgraded to Version 13.0 (win 10). I have cleared my preferences and even thrown out my .bridgesort files in a few folders hoping that a new one may fix the problem. It did not. Manual sort is checked, but the folder shows in alpha order. I have to go to the top menu bar and click View > Sort> Manually each and every time I open a folder to get the desired sort.  I have been using the feature for many years and it has worked flawlessly. It has been very robust and has never fallen apart.

I took a folder of images and rearranged them. I then navigated away from the folder and when I came back to the folder this is what I got. (see attached image) Notice that in the image the folder is set to sort manually in 2 places yet the files are in alpha order. 

This issue is frustrating and very time-consuming. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The mentioned issue is fixed in the latest patch release #13.0.1.583. Please install and confirm if that fixes the issue.
You can refer to the issues fixed in the patch at the following link https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Thanks,
Bridge Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2022 Nov 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Fixed" is not the right word..All folders (and they are not few), which after each previous update, have kept the manual sorting established during a long process, must be sorted manually again after the update to Bridge 13.0.1.583.
I don't have the time for this effort! I will stay with 12.0.3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is incorrect. You have put it on every thread about this issue yet we are still having the issue. Manual sorting fails on every restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not fixed at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're happy to announce the release of Adobe Bridge Beta (13.0.2.630). This update includes the fix for this issue. Also, this Beta release includes several bug fixes done in the 13.0.1 public release. For details, see Fixed issues.

Steps to install/update

InstallGo to the Creative Cloud desktop app and select Beta apps in the left sidebar of the Apps panel. Then select install for your beta app.

Update: Go to the Creative Cloud desktop app, click on Update in the left sidebar of the Apps panel and Check for updates. Then click update for your beta app.

Let us know if this Beta release resolves the problem for those affected, and share your feedback.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latested updated version of Bridge (13.0.3) and my photos will not manually sort like it has for the past 17 years for me. I select Manual sort in the drop down menu and in the quick menu bar, but the photos refuse to be moved. This is such a basic task, and I am surprised with the past few updates it has not been fixed.

Please fix this asap, or advise a workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2023 Aug 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, @Lisa2006, I can assure you that manual sorting is still alive and well in Bridge. If it is not working for you, I can think of two things to try to bring it back to working on your computer. [BTW, you do not need to select Manual to begin sorting. Rather, as soon as you move a file from one position to another, the sorting designation will automatically switch to Manual.

The first is to rebuild the cache. To do this, go to the Tools (menu) -> Cache -> Purge Cache for the folder "X."

If that fails to work, try rebuilding the Preferences for Bridge:

Quit Bridge (if running). Just before clicking on Bridge in the Dock or double-clicking the application for the Mac, press Command-Option-Shift. For PCs, press Control-Alt-Shift. Then open Bridge BUT KEEP your fingers on those keys until you see a window pop up. From the window, choose “Reset Preferences," "Entire Thumbnail Cache,” and/or "Reset Standard Workspaces.” In your case, choose "Reset Preferences."

Please let us know if either of these solves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, everyone, the main version of Bridge is updated to 13.0.2, and this issue is listed as fixed, please run the update from your Desktop Creative Cloud application and report in this thread: https://helpx.adobe.com/bridge/kb/fixed-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is still very tedious and time consuming to drag around files in a folder to an order that suits your workflow. It was much easier in 12.03.270! But yes, the manual sorting is still there when you restart Bridge..Is this an advancement? No, it's half the way to default...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not working over here - Driving me crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines