• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing dropdown Arrows in Bridge

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed a few weeks ago my Drop down arrows disappeared inside bridge. I did some digging on this site, you tube and so on and have no found the answer. I did a factory reset on my bridge.  This didn't solve the problem. I find it hard to work within my folders without the drop down arrow. What is the answer to reseting this. I see some have them some don't. Usually a folder inside a folder would create an arrow. I could click on the arrow and see what was in the folder. Another arrow would tell me there was a folder and there is items inside the folder. No arrows usually tells me there is no items in the folder. I have no idea what happen. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 1.13.21 PM.png

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leah,

Just to make a fine-point on your last comment, a lack of an arrow implies that there is no sub-folder in that folder, there can be images but there would not be an arrow in the containing folder for that.

In your screenshot, Leasak SHOULD have an arrow, the three contained within (if all they have are images) would not have an arrow.

I am assuming I'm looking at the Folders Panel in Bridge in your screenshot?

What is your OS (and what release) and what version of Bridge are you using (and what release)?

And lastly, can you recall if you had done something to your computer and/or applications a couple of weeks ago that coincides with this change?

Oh, I'm assuming that if you click where the triangle should be, it acts correctly? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry should have included my information. I'm using a Mac Mojave 10.14.6 and my bridge is 10.1.0.163. Everything is up todate. 

The only thing that comes to mind that happen was I let my adobe subscription lapse. So I went and paid for the new year and made sure to update everything. I have everything up to date and paid for and thought that was the problem. When it didn't fix my problem I then factory reset my bridge to make sure that wasn't the problem, if accidently clicked something I wasn't suppose to.

Leasak is the main folder should have a drop down arrow leading into my subfolders JPG, Select and share, but as you can see it doesn't.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Leah,

OK, I'm winging this here so bear with me. I recently upgraded to Catalina so I can't actually test this but some of Catalina's full-blown protection was started with Mojave. It seems from your screenshot that your files are on an external drive, yes?

The screenshot I'm shoing below is not actually showing what I want to show but I have this left around from before I moved to Catalina. You will have to hack around a bit. But the basics are that you want to go to your system's Prefs, go to Security and Privacy, then Privacy. Unlock the lock on the bottom left, then check out both Accessibility and more importantly, Full Disk Access. Make sure that Bridge and that hard drive can speak to each other. 

BTW, I gather you can access the images in these folders, only you cannot see all of the triangles, yes? If not, can you access the images in folders that you can see triangles in or not? (Assuming that you have both folders and images contained in those folders.)

disc access permission.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have access to them it just super annoying to have to click in to see everything. Before they were there and it would tell me if I have subfolder and there was items. Its not the end of the world just would have loved for it work like it did before. 

I went and did as you said with the Privacy and added in photoshop/bridge and it didn't bring them back. I do keep all my clients photos on external harddrives to keep my computer from being slowed down and full of  clients photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Leah! Did you ever find a solution to this? Its driving me crazy LOL! This is awful. I got a new computer and its legit batty. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope and I even called Adobe and we did a screen share and we never figured it out. If you do figure it out let me know. I finally just adjusted to the new way of life. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select "reveal in explorer" do the show up correctly?

Short of un installing the app and reinstalling the app, not sure what else can be done.

I am on Big Slur and its not a problem. Can't help you on this one.

Is this on a mounted drive or USB drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2021 Sep 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same problem for months and wondering if anyone's found a solution.  As you can see from the attached screenshot, whether I get an expansion carrot or not on a particular folder seems entirely random.  Under "2021" for example, July and September get arrows, and August doesn't, though all those folders contain similarly named subfolders.  And, mysteriously, all the subfolders in August that contain their own subfolders get expansion carrots.  I can expand a folder by double-clicking on it, but the expansion carrot is a useful visual clue and saves a click.  Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was experiencing the same issue in Big Sur. In Bridge, on the left panel, I show two tabs: Favorites and Folders. I was viewing my files with the Favorites tab selected and no down arrows showed at all. When I selected the Folders tab I can see all arrows in all folders and subfolders. I hope this helps somebody!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar problem on Win10 after a Bridge cache cleaning.
To fix it I run the cache cleaning once again with the options shown in the attached image.

Good luck!

Untitled-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: You might have to click on the folders once to make the arrows disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I purged my cache and closed and re-opened Bridge 2023 and the arrows are now apearing. I am running iMac with Mac OS 12.6 Monterey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines