Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Move to Bin

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what does "Move to Bin" mean in Bridge 2023?  Is it the same as "Move to Trash" meant in Bridge 2022 & previous?

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say so. I get "Move to recycle bin" when I delete a file.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you're using Bridge 2023?  Interesting, mine doesn't have the word "recycle" in it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the beta version, so maybe that's the difference. I also have an older version, so when the beta acts up, I can use the older version. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Mac, it's "Move to Bin."
On my Win, it's "Delete."

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ha! can you imagine what their code looks like? 😱

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the same word: bin. Thank you English language programmers. While you did have the language first, it used to be termed differently in versions 2022 and earlier. Is this an effort to use more human-sensitive language?

Mike Witherell

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sure hope so, I was wondering why, after all this time you would change a word from trash to bin without any explanation and it also used to have how many files/images you were about to delete. That is gone as well. Fingers crossed, I am not deleting more than I thought I was!!! Sometimes changes are so aggravating and totally unnecessary!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is confusing because "Bin" means something completely different in Premiere Pro. When I first saw it I thought ir was some virtual folder. It's amazing how these unecessary and unexplained changes waste so much of our time.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some imbecile needed to feel important and include a change just so they could say they did something. A waste of time for everybody, programmers included.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2022 Nov 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it is maybe due to a different person creating the UI...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2022 Nov 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe needs to change this back to Move to Trash. 

It was an unnecessary change but some junior bozo needed to be able to say they did something I guess.

Stupid 

Just lie fuly closing Bridge with the red button.

It used to be (forever in the past and stil for PS) that the red button essentially minimized Bridge except when it crashed it. 

Not fixed yet and I doubt it will ever be fixed. 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the programmer responsible for the change is from UK. Here we have bins, wastebins, dustbins, recycling bins, rubbish bins, litter bins, green bins, dog waste bins and probably others I have failed to recall too. We don't have trash though!!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hahahaha! Love this!

Sent from my iPhone

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, they renamed it to "Bin" even though in American culture, people look at you funny when you say that versus "Trash".

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines