• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My brand new Macbook Pro with tons of memory cannot run a slideshow in Bridge without issues

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My brand new Macbook Pro (OS 12.5, 32GB memory, over 1TB available on HD) cannot run a slideshow in Bridge (2023) without issues such as flashing images, briefly repeating image as thumbnail, or complete chaos of static and images flashing. I just had the 7 week old Mac serviced thinking it was hardware but they can't find anything wrong.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where are the images stored? What kind of files and how large are they?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images are mostly TIFF (avg 20MB) but same problem with JPGs (avg 5MB). It flashes the image in a repeat and also briefly shows the file title in a bar across the top of the image. I also tried it with images in a folder on the HD or the external drive, same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand problems with large TIFF images but local JPEJGs should be fine. Dunno, I don't use the slideshow feature. Does other slideshow software have this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have made some progress on diagnosing the issue, but not resolving it. Apparently it is a problem with Adobe. See my comment on this thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/bridge-discussions/bridge-has-encountered-a-problem-with-the-display-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines